Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have plans in the works that entails dropping a 01' H22A stroked to 2.3L into a 96 lude. The car will be a daily driver, being raced about twice a month. I am asking for everyones assistance in providing conservative estimates on how much HP will be produced. Other parts being added include:
Crane Cams Roller Cam Followers (Are roller rockers normally $1000+ ?), HI-6 CD Ignition w/ LX91 Coil and Fireball Distributor Cap Kit
Crower Stage II VTEC Camshafts
Crower Intake/Exhaust Valves
Crower Eibach H22 VTEC Dual Valve Springs
Crower Titanium Retainers
Crower Forged Piston Kit (10.0:1)
Crower Titanium Connecting Rods
Crower Adjustable Cam Sprocket
Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Crank, Alternator and Power Steering Pulleys
Unorthodox Racing Ultra Light Flywheel and Heavy Duty Clutch
Quiafe A.T.B. Differential
Moroso Aluminum Kicked-Out Sump Oil Pan, Oil Pump Pickup and Oil Accumulator
Meziere Billet Aluminum Water Pump
Fluidyne High Performance Aluminum Radiator and Water-to-Oil Heat Exchanger
Flex-a-lite Fuel Cooler, Heavy Duty Oil Cooler, Heavy Duty Transmission Cooler, and Power Steering Cooler
AEM CAI System, Air Bypass Valve and Fuel Rail
JG Engine Dynamics Oversized 62mm Throttle Body
Jackson Racing Eaton Supercharger and Liquid Intercooler
Mugen 4-2-1 Headers and Sport Exhaust
Random Technologies Hi Flow Catalytic Converter
Aeromotive EFI Fuel Filter, A1000 Fuel Pump and A1000-6 Injected Bypass Regulator
Zex Innovation Smart Nitrous Kit (75HP shot)
A'PEX Integration Digital AVC Type-R Boost Control and VAFC Fuel Control
Nology Hotwires Spark Plug Wires

Your estimates will be used to calculate the size of the fuel injectors the project will require. Thanks for reading through the long list and your help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
if u throw a JRSC in, you have to keep your stock cams. JRSC's are designed to work with stock cams not aftermarket ones.

Also u do not need a throttlebody if u put a JRSC in. The SC comes with a throttle body attached to the SC.

·
Registered
898 Posts
you could have cams ground to work with the SC. However you left out standalone fuel management, and unless you have $20,000 in the bank for your engine, keep dreamin. You'll need sleeves in the block. Also you want to lower the compression ratio for FI especially if you want to add nitrous to a supercharged car. 9.0-1 would work best. On top of that stuff, I would go with Turbo if you plan on building your car like that, SC there isn't really anyway to upgrade down the road, go turbo, possibilitys are endless. I would either go SC, Turbo, or Nitrous, if you go with Nitrous + SC or Turbo, you're asking for problems, Fuel management being the worse of all of them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fast4 and TrboH22 thanks for the info on the JRSC and the cams, but I really don't want to deal with a turbo because most are illegal for street use and the legal ones suck. In addition you have to deal with turbo lag and extra heat. So back to the main reason for the post, disregarding the discrepencies of the throttle body and cams how much power would this setup produce. Thanks.

·
Registered
882 Posts
theres no way to estimate HP on that man....first off youll have to resleeve your block, u cant put aftermarket pistons in it without doing so, the crank pulley is a bad idea, will only cause you problems down the road, and nitrous..wow...your power will depends on your standalone feul management, you can only make the HP your feul system can provide for, thats alot of work to go after what your going for, but good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts