Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a leak in my trunk, so I ripped out the carpet in my trunk and saw these 2 hoses, 1 on each side of the trunk, they are clear and I can't tell where they go to or what they do. The hoses are on either side of the trunk in between the frame and the body, anyone have an idea, also it is 97 civic ex coupe. Oh yeh, and my friend wants me to ask, even though ive told him, what size nos shot can you put on a stock engine with only exhaust and cold air.

·
Banned
87 Posts
they are drain hoses of some sort. I noticed them the other day in my car when installing my tower strut bar.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
ricer99' said:
they are drain hoses of some sort. I noticed them the other day in my car when installing my tower strut bar.

i dont think they're too terribly important...

as for the nitrous... check the nitrous section... and it all depends on motor mileage, state of tune, whatever

·
Banned
87 Posts
yea didn't figure it was of any great importance I'll do some inspection today in the garag at school and maybe I'll come up with something.

·
Registered
116 Posts
as for the nitrous the answer a 75 shot, just retard the igniton 1 to 2 degrees and run GOOD fuel, this is from my own experience, im not just pullin shit out my ass like most the people on the nitrous forums, I have 135000 miles to and its on a stock internal d16y8

·
Registered
519 Posts
Sounds like you have a sunroof.?.? If so thoes are drain hoses. Ok so if you do and thoes are, DON'T get rid of them! I'll save you the time. If you remove drain hoses for a sunroof.... Over the next couple of weeks, and or even months.... You will notice leakage from your "C-pillar" area, or even directly from the sides or back of your sunroof. The effect of this, mold or mildew, or even a soaked headliner falling on your date some evening.... :hehe anyway... If it is a clear hose about a half of an inch in diamiter, it's most likely a drain for water. The best sugestion is to leave it be. But if you must move or modify it, just remember gravity, and water go down. Meaning... make the path for the tube as straight as possiable (no bends back up to where it came from)...

Hope this helps :byye

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.