Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Hot Spots on Cluch plate?

724 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  aspecguy99 
#1 ·
I took my Integra to the Dealership because they had to replace something in my transmission, it was one of the main bearings that was leaking. Anyway, as I was looking at the price sheet (it was all covered by warranty) It said they found hot spots on my clutch plate, and ended up replacing the clutch assembly and flywheel... what exactly does that mean? Im talking about the hot spots? Does anybody know? I was just curious. Thanks-

#2 ·
They are wear spots on the surface of the flywheel and / or pressure plate. More precisely they are high and low spots. You should learn how to drive because it sounds like you are a bit rough on that poor clutch.

#3 ·
Well Im really not... Ive seen a lot worse drivers... I guess a factor could be that 2 people learned how to drive stick on it.. thats the only thing I could think of... I never go hard on the clutch expect at track, which was once so far, and a little bit of fun every now and then, but oh well, Now that its been replaced its one less thing to worry about..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.