Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
234 Posts
LX98Civic said:
I am looking to drop my car pretty low and probably will have to roll the fenders.

How is this done using a baseball bat? Are you rolling the black plastic liner inside the wheel well or what?

Please give me the 411 on rolling fenders, thanks!!
correct you put the baseball bat in and i think roll the car forward and backward pushing the plastic liner up so you wont rub.

· Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: How and Why do you roll the fenders?

MRXMUFFIN said:

correct you put the baseball bat in and i think roll the car forward and backward pushing the plastic liner up so you wont rub.
So, you move the car and not the bat :confused:
How would you keep the bat in there with the tires in the way :confused:

· Registered
83 Posts
First remove the wheel then smash the bat upward against the wheel well until it is at your desired likeness:D

No, j/k, put the bat between the tire and the wheel well and roll it forward or backward. This will bend up the well and make your tires less likely to rub. Be careful not to chip the paint, if you do, apply a rust treatment so it doesnt rust.

· Registered
1,379 Posts
Your gonna get your engine bay reallllllly dirty if you take off the liner. to me it's not worth it. Depending on the offset of your tires you can drop it certain amounts before it rubs. The ideal offset for a civic is +42. I had +40 on mine and they rubbed around turns so i'm selling them for a new set of rims. I wouldn't roll the fender just because your pretty likely to chip or crack some of the paint in the process of rolling them. If you should decide to roll the fenders just make sure that it's at least 70 degrees out, this will reduce the chance of your paint cracking and the pain in the ass that causes.

· Registered
204 Posts
  • Be super careful if you do this, dude I know has a nice crease in his fender from doing it himself
  • I have had my fender liner out since shortly after my first set of 17"s, I just left enough coverage (about 1/3 the way up the fenderwell) to protect my CAI, and no my engine bay is no dirtier. But I didn't take the whole thing out, just the section that rubbed the top of my tire. But I also had to push down (more like beat down) the pinch weld that is in the middle top part of the EG style fenderwell. I will have to look at my EK sedan to see if it is the same way.
  • If you can drop w/o rolling fenders, do it. Just pay attention to offset!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.