Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a civic DX so it didn't come w/ power steering. is it going to be a problem when later on I swap a K20A or turbo in it. I am more concern about to control the car w/o power steering when there is such a big power output from engine...

anyone currently driving a turbo charged non power steering ? can u share ur experience please.

it's important to me coz I am thinking to sell the car and get the ones w/ power steering...

thank you

·
Registered
676 Posts
at higher speeds, you dont feel like your car is floating as much without p/s. So you have better control going faster.... It just sucks for parking lots.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
in my opinion i would leave it...your gonna get tired of how it drives :(
thats just my...2 cents

it's also weight reduction thing

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
it dosent matter, its all good :w00t

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
I also have a DX.. No power steering feels better, you have more control of the car, like VtecSol said, It doesnt feel like youre floating..

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
i took the belt off my d16y8 and it felt better at higher speeds, though i usually never go over 75, so go figure. and they say parking lots suck, but to be honest you get used it. when i put the belt back on, i was aww'ed at how easy it was to turn, it felt un-natural. lol. but now again(that i have the belt back on) i'm used to pwer steering. :D

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
if you dont have it,dont get it.

I took all the ps stuff off my car but put it back on cause I plane to trade it in this summer :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
i had it on my 99 hatch, i loved it! its so responsive and makes u feel like ur in a race car! hahah! not quite but i liked it a lot better then power steering. but when u get old like me (20) you need power steering! :lmao

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
inmycivicex said:
i took the belt off my d16y8 and it felt better at higher speeds, though i usually never go over 75, so go figure. and they say parking lots suck, but to be honest you get used it. when i put the belt back on, i was aww'ed at how easy it was to turn, it felt un-natural. lol. but now again(that i have the belt back on) i'm used to pwer steering. :D
you cant compare what you did with a car that comes with a manual rack from the factory. a civic that comes with no power steering from the factory is a lot easier to turn than when you take off the belt off a power steering pump. on my dx (no power steering) i could parallel park the car using one hand. on my friends 95 ex with power steering and no belt i could barely do it with both hands.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
94Civic_R said:
i had it on my 99 hatch, i loved it! its so responsive and makes u feel like ur in a race car! hahah! not quite but i liked it a lot better then power steering. but when u get old like me (20) you need power steering! :lmao

sht ! I am 21 already ><

·
Registered
519 Posts
hehe, man u must be bustin gray hairs already mayn.. im starting to feel ma back go out :aww

·
Registered
519 Posts
yea im sure we will be, i miss my rack n pin tho :( was always a battle in the parking lot. every1 around me looked like i was a moron wrestling with my steering wheel.. :wow

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
you cant compare what you did with a car that comes with a manual rack from the factory. a civic that comes with no power steering from the factory is a lot easier to turn than when you take off the belt off a power steering pump. on my dx (no power steering) i could parallel park the car using one hand. on my friends 95 ex with power steering and no belt i could barely do it with both hands.
didn't know that...lol...every car i've driven has had it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i drive a a turbo civic without power steering and i actually like it better than my old one with the power steering. it feels like you have more control over the car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts