Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question. What is the best way to get my car re-painted so that it looks good? the car is almost 15 years old, the paint is fading and the clear coat is starting to wear off. Doesn't look good at all.
The problem is, the car is RED, and i wanted to paint it white. What about the insides of the car where the body color shoes (eye, the door jam, the engine bay..) Do body shops do that, and whill it cost me less than $1000? put it this way, I am NOT spending any more than like 3-500 for my paint job.. it's basic white, I don't need a 2000$ job for my old school CRX.
Maybe I just need a boost... should I really go through the trouble of white, or should I keep it red? I'm so indecisive.

· Registered
649 Posts
HEY!!! I had a CRX, and I got it painted.... but i had it painted yellow to a different shade of yellow.... if you're looking to spend that much, then it's all about the Maaco.... they won't do the little stuff for that money, but if you want info on it.... go to http://www.crxpower.net and look up the article on a Maaco paint job.... BTW, sign up!! alll the CRX guys from here post there....

· Registered
2,988 Posts
I had my 94 tercel re-painted to red at Maaco. Cost me $420 and that was to remove about 15 dings as well. Nice paint for the car, but I would never put my baby in Maaco paint. For a 2nd car or something you don't really care for, you can't beat it the price!!

I however did not price the jams, trunk, engine bay since I was not interested in making in a show car :p

I will however have my civic re-painted white one day and it will be done by the best ===> $$$

· Banned
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips guys! I am actually looking into maaco. The truth is, I am selling the car in about one year when I go to Japan. and I am not concerned about long term looks. The guy at CRXpower said that it cost him less than 400... and it looks SICK!

thanks

· Registered
1,104 Posts
macco sucks, they do shitty jobs, its fair but not anything that normal people would see or care about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.