Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear drivers side KYB AGX has been squeeking for a while now, it started during winter and continues even now when it has gotten warmer. When I hit bumps (particularly when I pull in/back out of my driveway) I can hear it squeak when it compreses and expands. I can also get a similar effect when I push down on the back of the car with my hands and compress the suspension a bit. Since these are gas shocks then how would I know if they're leaking? There would be no oil comming out (i would assume). Also, the ride isn't bouncy or anything, it's still solid. But that might be due to my three other good shocks.

Do you guys think it's blown? If so, then I might have to rethink getting the skunk 2 coilovers and hold off until I want to buy some new shocks.

If it's not blown, then what most likely would it be? Are there any bushings in that area that tend to squeak? If so, would applying some lubricant to the bushing reduce/eliminate the sound?

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
You are a bit misinformed. Gas shocks merely use gas to pressurize the oil (prevents foaming). If it was blown, you would definitely see the oil.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nathan123 said:
You are a bit misinformed. Gas shocks merely use gas to pressurize the oil (prevents foaming). If it was blown, you would definitely see the oil.

i figured i had something mixed up about that...never really put any research into what exactly the shocks consisted of internally.

thanks though that helps

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
Could be your sway bar bushings in the back....they are usually the cause for most sqweeks.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lOOkatme said:
Could be your sway bar bushings in the back....they are usually the cause for most sqweeks.
thanks..i'll take a look at them when it stops raining. Any way to stop the squeaking with lubricant or something? I don't think they could be worn out just yet the car has pretty low mileage, but who knows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.