Votes: 11 37.9%
  • No, but it should be fine with some mods

Votes: 12 41.4%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, let's start a post about cars!

How do everybody think about the new Civic Si/SiR Hatchback?? After reading the Car and Driver comparision test this month, I must say I am very disappointed at the car... even more so than before the car was tested...

· Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah man, the looks isn't great... but European designed cars is always a little different in appearacne... I am very disappointed in the performance of the car after reading Car and Driver. Let's just say you won't be beating a lot of cars in stock trim.

· Registered
7,597 Posts
I honestly dont think its that hideous. Although I dont like the shifter and the suspension (ew mcphearson struts) vs. double wishbone, but other than that its similar to every other stock honda. Sure it doesnt have a monstrous bit of power but that can change. Especially since the new i-Vtec engines are gaining more power. Hopefully theyll be just as easy to swap as the old ones!

· Premium Member
3,213 Posts
it just ain't rockin my boat fellas, the rsx on the other hand is TIGHTTTT!:D

· Registered
2,031 Posts
Si-OWNER said:
It's not that bad but going from the 00 Si to this 02 Si I mean WTF 2.0 160 whats that about like to much of a Ford Focus kind of like the 01 but thats just my opinion
Yeah, I think we deserve a little more hp, I mean, would it hurt to up the horsepower to 170? According to Honda yes it will, eat into the base RSX sales, but wtf? I know for a fact A LOT of people don't like the 02 Si's looks so they can get the base RSX instead if they want damn it, cuz obviously performance won't matter between the two if people do think the new Si is butt-ugly.

· Registered
2,328 Posts
i bought my 99 hatchback used cause i wanted a hatch. its purple and i could always repaint it if i wanted to but i do infact like the purple color; its rare.

· Registered
753 Posts
For one thing, I'm not to impressed by the new look of the Civic, especially the hatch. Also, I saw in person at the Auto Show 2 weeks ago here in St. Louis and didn't like the shifter placement. Looks like its up on the dash or at least damn near it. I don't rellay know too much about the engine since the look didn't catch my eye, I just never went any further to increase my knowledge about it.

· Registered
11 Posts
first of all i dont mind the shifter, i hear it's very good rally style shifter that has short throws. the main thing i hate about the car is the engine. 160hp in a 2liter engine, thas like only 80hp a liter, and honda performance cars are usually supposed to be 100 or more hp a liter damnit! low revs are not very honda like either, that pisses me off. i had high hopes for the new si and i didnt mind the bad looks, but when the engine comes into play, i have to say that i am really dissappointed at honda.

· Registered
868 Posts
I think it looks fairly decent right now. IMO, it could use the CTR factory ground effects, some bigger and WIDER wheels, and maybe an K20C1 head swap (RSX Type S). I don't know what Honda was thinking...160p out of a 2.0L motor...tsk tsk tsk. On the other hand, it does have more torque than any other Civic motor does :) I guess it has it's good sides and bad sides just like a lot of other things (RSX Type S came pretty damn close to perfection though...)

· Registered
2,031 Posts
yeah the most torque it is..and the power delivery is smoother throughout the rpm range, but it seems that most of the reviews I've read complain about the 6800 rpm redline because they are used to the usual high reving Honda motors. I think the new Si will be kind of bland, but I really dig the interior though after watching the 360 view of the interior at the official Si site: http://civicsi.honda.com/ . I also see that Motor Trend stated that the CTR will come to the U.S when the ITR does, too..but then MT is full of shit sometimes. If the CTR does come, I'd definitely consider it. But either way, I'll still give the Si a test drive as I know a lot of you will also.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.