Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was running around in my car the other day and all of a sudden - after a hard pull thru 4th - my CEL came on. I checked the code and it was only one code - code 13. Then I found out that it is the BARO (atmospheric pressure) sensor.
Does anyone know what this sensor looks like, where it is, and how to check it?? I tried resetting the ECU, and even turning psi down, but it still runs like something is blocking the turbine. Still code 13, too.
Also, my turbo is not pushing over 4 psi, whereas it was at 9 just before this happened. It still runs okay, just not as spunky as before (obiously :( )
Some one help me, PLEASE!! :confused

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jlicrx said:
the baro sensor on most newer Hondas is located inside the ecu - the bad news is you can't replace it without replacing the ECU.
You think replacing the ecu will fix my turbo not spooling right?? I hope it's nothing serious, but I just found out that the cel only comes on when I rev over 4k rpms. I will do another search and see what that means I need to do...:nod

btw...does anyone know for sure if it's in the map sensor or the ecu???
Thanks, guys

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Slipjack said:
Well, you're bound to be wrong eventually, right?

If you know someone with the same ECU as yours maybe try swapping just as a test and see if it's still doing it? If it stops you know you need your ECU serviced/replaced.
Yeh, I have the P2P ECU, so I guess I need another one of those. That really effing sucks, yaknow? By the way, I am pretty sure the Emanage is supposed to keep this from happening, so the sensor MUST be bad, also cuz it repeats the CEL every time I drive the car over 4k after resetting the ECU. Thanks for all the info, fellas.
Reps all around!! :w00t

1 - 10 of 10 Posts