Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of my latest bolt-on's are nearing completion, which leads me to my question.

How do I completely cover the Skunk2 Cam Gears I've installed on my H22A? The Cylinder Head cover fits over the top half of the gears, however, the oem "middle cover" doesn't fit over the bottom half of them. Is there an aftermarket source for a "middle cover" to fit over the bottom half of these gears? I'm really uncomfortable with the thought of driving with them uncovered, since that would most likely result in getting water and/or debris inside my motor.

Anyone out there have a solution for me?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
u could do a moon cut on your valve cover so u can tune your car w/ more ease, instead of taking the vc off and on as needed...it also looks hot too

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And run with them competely uncovered?

It's a street car, and I'd be taking a chance of getting all kinds of crap inside my motor.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice, guys. I'll give it a try. Any suggestions on who could "moon cut" the two covers?

·
Registered
376 Posts
just buy a pre-cut mooncut valve cover off of ebay, you can even find some jdm valve covers, the red looks really good in the engine bay, they tend to go for around 100-200 bucks... just search for it..

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
yeah, don't worry too much about the cover exposing the gears.
the motor is totally sealed even with them exposed.
i've had mine exposed for over a year, and no issues.

the cover is aluminum, so if you can find someone to cut aluminum, you're golden.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts