·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 92 civic lx cheap! i just need to fix the:
Rear upper control arm bushings
Rear right trailing arm bushing
lower control arm bushing fronts and rears

how do i fix these plz help i am 16 and this is my first car but i am mechanical. i have tool and all to do it but what do i need and how do i do it.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
98civcEK said:
for most of those you have to buy the whole arm in order to replace the bushing.
honda used to do this but now you can buy them sepparate,personaly I would buy some energy suspension busings and go over to your local honda dealership and have them press old out and press new in.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Get OE bushings for the trailing arm mounts, and use Energy Suspension everywhere else.

How to do it? Remove the parts, and then cut out the factory bushings and press in the ES ones. Dont worry, they are 2 part bushings and you can do it by hand.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
you can get them anywhere, any shop, online or not will have them. They are stiffer and give more control.

The big difference is factory is soft rubber, where ES bushings are urethane.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
speedjunky01 said:
honda used to do this but now you can buy them sepparate,personaly I would buy some energy suspension busings and go over to your local honda dealership and have them press old out and press new in.
sorry late getting back to it,

i meant that to replace them with the stock ones you have to buy the whole trailing arm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts