Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know if you choose the wrong parts you can get more understeer in the lude, but what can I get to have more oversteer? currently I have the front tower bar.

thanks

·
Registered
547 Posts
if u want snap oversteer... get both a rear sway and a rear strut!!!,

it depends on what kinda driving u want... if u auto-x ,... u want snap ,but otherwise u should just tighten the whole lude up with both front and rear sways!!:D

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
50 inch rear bar, relocate your tranny, 50MM rear strut bar. relocate the engine 90° from what it is now...then you will handle like a rwd car...OH wait if you did that you would be a RWD car:)

·
Registered
224 Posts
lOOkatme said:
50 inch rear bar, relocate your tranny, 50MM rear strut bar. relocate the engine 90° from what it is now...then you will handle like a rwd car...OH wait if you did that you would be a RWD car:)
:D funny. Hey LOOKatMe, why don't you do that mod so you can finally be at peace with your prelude:D

I have a 28mm rear sway and that helps, also increase front tire pressure while decreasing rear, your suspt. setup can also take care some understeer away. By far the best thing to do to make your front driver handle like a rear wheel drive is say fuck it and buy a reardrive. the two will never handle the same

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jade97sh said:

By far the best thing to do to make your front driver handle like a rear wheel drive is say fuck it and buy a reardrive. the two will never handle the same
I know the can never be the same, but I want to minimize understeer as much as possible.

so rear strut bar and rear sway bar then??

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Want more over-steer: lower the front, add more front downforce , stickier front tires, less air pressure in front tires , remove any extra weight from the rear , stiffer front sways bars , and i think stiffer front shocks (less rear end traction)

Want more under-steer , lower the rear, add more rear downforce , stickier rear tires , less air pressure in rear tires , remove any weight from the front -- relocate battery to rear , stiffer rear sway bars and i think again stiffer rear shocks -- too stiff will make less contact with the road so too a point (more rear end traction)

Also you never want to add just one sway-bar you must add both or you will offset your car pretty bad. The only time people ever use a stock bar and a performance one is when they want to try to cure any bad over or understeer that they cant seem to fix with other methods.

Otherwise when i say stiffen that means you would have to have a limitless amount of sway-bars with different rates , or have an adjustable sway-bar which there are on race cars and im sure some places in japan offer them and a few in america but there hard to find..

So when you buy sway bars be sure to buy a set from the same company or do research beforehand and find out the specs on your part , because mix-matching sways can result in bad handling because a company will specifically tune the sways with both on....not just one.

Hope this helps in your decisions and tuning.

·
Registered
224 Posts
No No No Mike, you have it backwards, a larger diameter rearsway will give more OVERSTEER, not understeer.
as far as balance goes, I have not had a "balance" issue on my car and I have stock front rear sway, neuspeed rear sway and ATTS. As far as lowering just the front end to get more oversteer, this is what would cause balance issues. Read SCC, it will explain, then give people advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts