Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to add a second battery to my system. how do i properly wire the second battery? i think i have to wire the positive from the hood to the positve to the amp and the negative of the second battery to ground? do i wire it like i would wire a capacitor? i tried wiring it up the opposite way and blew a capacitor and caught on fire.

·
Registered
189 Posts
all u do is run the hot from the battery under the hood which then goes to a fuse right be4 the second battery then to the hot on the battery in the back and then for the ground run the ground from the 2nd battery to a good ground on the frame or if u have none back up to the battery up front which should ground to the frame. u will wanna upgrade the big 3 at this time too. then u just take ur hot and ground off the battery in the back to the amp u can fuse it again if u like.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
csuho said:
all u do is run the hot from the battery under the hood which then goes to a fuse right be4 the second battery then to the hot on the battery in the back and then for the ground run the ground from the 2nd battery to a good ground on the frame or if u have none back up to the battery up front which should ground to the frame. u will wanna upgrade the big 3 at this time too. then u just take ur hot and ground off the battery in the back to the amp u can fuse it again if u like.
is it necessary to fuse it again at the second battery? already did the big 3. thanks.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
You have to fuse it after the 1st batt and before the second battery for safety. if that wire gets shorted some how like in an accedent power can come from either battery to where the wire touches ground. thats why you need 2 fuses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.