Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to replace it due to an accident... but i have no idea on how to take it off.. do i need to take off the door ? and i prob have to take off the front bumper..

also how do i take the headlight?

and help would be greatly appreciated

thankz

·
Registered
422 Posts
there should be 3-4 bolts uder the hood - take those out - then open the door and look inbetween the door and the car - you will see maybe 2-3 maybe less - take those out - undo your fender well - it should come right off..thats how mine did..98 hatchback

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
This is for a 5th gen...but should be pretty much the same:

1st, take off your bumper. Then under your hood, there is 4 or so screws, take those out. Then open your door, and there will be 2 visibile screws I believe. There should be 1 or 2 under where the corner of your headlight is(that is why the bumper came off). And for me, there was one under my side skirt. I just bent mine down a little and was able to get it off, but it can also be taken off. Then it should just come off. Be careful, some edges are sharp on it. I cut myself somewhat deep taking mine off. BTW: When I replaced mine, I gave it to the paint shop 1st, and they painted the inside part where it meets the hood, and the inner fender part before I put it on. Then they could just spray it easier afterwards. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts