Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

· Registered
1,227 Posts
well, you really cant. the only person who has a really fast car w/o using nitrous would be l.i. accord, who spent an assload on a custom turbo. you might be able to do it in a couple of months when the comptech sc comes out, that combined w/ bolt-on's should get you into the 13's.

· Registered
288 Posts
Honestly, 13's is more realistic than you think all motor. Momoney is estimated at around mid 14's (the power he puts out puts the heavier maxima into low 14's, but the tall transmission gears may slow him down), and bolt-on's he's missing are torque converter and CL-S manifold swap (The shop that did AV6's: -=SoCalv6=-'s test drove it against a turbo'd I4 5th gen (lightest of all accords) and beat it.

· Registered
355 Posts
Pinoy Dragon said:
Honestly, 13's is more realistic than you think all motor.
You can't say 13's are realistic until someone goes out and actually does it! :p

14's are possible though. Full bolt-on's + ECU (unichip) tuning will get you there. The ECU tuning is absolutely 100% necessary to get all of your bolt-on's working properly. The AV6's stock ECU simply does not handle bolt-on's beyond an intake well at all.

· Registered
274 Posts
Pinoy Dragon said:
Honestly, 13's is more realistic than you think all motor. Momoney is estimated at around mid 14's (the power he puts out puts the heavier maxima into low 14's, but the tall transmission gears may slow him down), and bolt-on's he's missing are torque converter and CL-S manifold swap (The shop that did AV6's: -=SoCalv6=-'s test drove it against a turbo'd I4 5th gen (lightest of all accords) and beat it.
Whatever happened to that guy? Hows the car doing. CL-S swap came out huh. I heard its a pain in the ass to get done.

· Registered
74 Posts
there's never gonna be a way to get the V6 into 14's, u got no chance, u just gonna f**k up ur tranny, like many people did who tried. i bet money that when the comptech s/c comes out it's gonna be a pain in the ass and will mess up the tranny

· Registered
355 Posts
rbigm said:
there's never gonna be a way to get the V6 into 14's, u got no chance, u just gonna f**k up ur tranny, like many people did who tried. i bet money that when the comptech s/c comes out it's gonna be a pain in the ass and will mess up the tranny
So you're saying that v6MoMoney who has full bolt-on's and dynoed at about 210 fwhp (about 270 HP at the crank) and who also beat a brand new Mustang GT 5spd (which run about 14 flat) has absolutely no chance of getting into the 14's at the track? :confused:

Sheesh...and I thought I was pessimistic about the AV6! :p

14's are very possible. But not without an ECU piggyback such as the Unichip.

· Registered
158 Posts
u need headers, intake, pulleys, exhaust, plugs, and most important nitrous! AND LUCK:p

· Registered
74 Posts
SteVTEC said:
So you're saying that v6MoMoney who has full bolt-on's and dynoed at about 210 fwhp (about 270 HP at the crank) and who also beat a brand new Mustang GT 5spd (which run about 14 flat) has absolutely no chance of getting into the 14's at the track? :confused:

Sheesh...and I thought I was pessimistic about the AV6! :p

14's are very possible. But not without an ECU piggyback such as the Unichip.
that was my bad, i ment under 14, high 14s are possible, but what he has done costs way too much and to me it's not worth it. with all that money that i have spent on my car, i could have had a 330CI and be smoking even Momoney's V6

· Registered
196 Posts
rbigm said:

that was my bad, i ment under 14, high 14s are possible, but what he has done costs way too much and to me it's not worth it. with all that money that i have spent on my car, i could have had a 330CI and be smoking even Momoney's V6
well since a 330ci stick will do a 1/4 in the mid-high 14's. It will actually be about even with Maurice's car(now u gotta go to the track and prove it Maurice).

· Registered
74 Posts
frank828 said:

well since a 330ci stick will do a 1/4 in the mid-high 14's. It will actually be about even with Maurice's car(now u gotta go to the track and prove it Maurice).
Frank, my boy has a 2k1 330CI and only has a chip, intake and exhaust and he smokes brand new M3's and i dont give a shit if anyone believes me, cause i was in the damn car when it happend and the car fucking flys.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.