Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
542 Posts
Press down on your front-end and it should rebound back up once. If it "bounces" back up after pressing it down, shocks are blown, or very worn.

Those squeaks maybe be the bushings or ball joints, however, and not the shocks. How many miles are on the car?

· Registered
372 Posts
Bouncing one up and down really isn't a good way to tell if a shock is bad, unless it's just really blown. Cars today have stiffer springs, bushings, and larger anti-roll bars on them now so they may take up some of that slack. So if you can just look around the shaft part of the shock for any kinda leakage.

The stock shocks for Accords are high as hell if I'm not mistaken. I'm thinking they're 130.00 a piece for the fronts. My car's handing isn't what it used to be and I've been thinking about putting some shocks on it to see if it helps. My car has developed the habit to follow small bumps, and ruts in the road. It's gotten so bad now that I can't tell If I'm driving the car, the front end is driving itself, or if the rear end is steering. I need to do something about it soon or I may just get rid of it around the 1st of the year.

· Registered
667 Posts
they are oil shocks...

If they are blown, there should oil leaking around the shocks.
My blow out last month. sucks.

you also should hear rattling sound as well too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.