Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I walked out to my car this morning and notice the first thing that caught my eye: a door ding the size of a penny so deep, it has a scratch. GOD DAMN! How much I like to beat the shit out of the person who did it. I already have enought dings as it is, and this person adds one that looks like it was hit by the nail remover side of a hammer!

Anyways, enough ranting, how much do you guys think it will cost to fix a little annoying thing like this? Where should I go, a dealer or body shop?

Also, how does touch up paint work? Does it blend well with a 4 year old car?

· Registered
1,227 Posts
i wouldnt go to the dealer, they will charge you too much. find a good body shop and go there. i had a few dings on my car but the paint wasnt messed up at all, so i went to one of those paintless dent removal places and they took out like 5 dents for about $100.

· Registered
54 Posts
Yup...paintless dent removal guys can get it out and clean up the scratch for about half what traditional bodywork would run. Well worth the price. But be sure whoever you get to do it has done pdr for a few years. It is a hot field and a lot of guys are going into it. But it takes most techs a year to get good at it, if they have the knack to start with.

· Registered
7 Posts
Door Dings

Here in Vancouver we have a place called Dents Unlimited. they remove dents (dings, etc.) from the inside and it really works. I had quite a few dings in my previous Accord and had them all removed this way. It was less expensive than a body shop, and it only took a few minutes.

FrankM

· Registered
278 Posts
paintless dent removal is the shit!!! i had it done last year and couldnt be happier. two nasty dent's on the upper rear quater panel. the only thing is the skill of the technician is tantamount to it being invisible. but other than that it is a wonder. you will not be able to pinpoint the dent's after there done .........highly reccomended.........

· Registered
39 Posts
DING-B-GONE SPRAY WORKS

· Registered
2,076 Posts
Like everyone said, paintless dent removal. That was pretty much the 1st thing I did when i got my car. It had just a few on the doors, and then like 5 little ones on the rear quarter panel. He got every single one out perfect, and you cant even tell they were even there. When i 1st went to honda, they said "we dont do that, we would bondo it up then repaint it" It would have been like 500+ anyways, the guy hooked me up, and ended up doing every single little ding or anything on my whole car for 150.

· Registered
563 Posts
they peel it off that surrap stuff in our doors..not very hard to do...

i gotta take some dings out too...maybe ill try those dent services...i dented my own fucking car when i was trying to put my 26 in tv in my front seat and totally missed the door..........not the smartest thing ive done

· Registered
1,227 Posts
-=HIREN=- said:
how do they get in the door?

i've noticed that the doors are sealed up, if they break the seal how do they seal it bak up?

i have one tiny dent on the drivers door, that i found within a month of having the car :mad:
wierd thing is, only i can see it
when they did mine, they stuck a flat bar down my window and popped out the dent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.