Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had my uncle take my car to get cleaned and he had the place wipe down my dash and doors with some crap that left them all shiny. now i get a damn glare in my windshield and a reflection in my face. plus it just looks cheap to me now. last time i let him do me a favor. haha. anyway, i tried wiping it again with the stuff i normally use that doesn't leave that overly glossy finish but it doesn't work. is there anything to bring back that flatter dry look? thanks.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Soap and water.

Take a wet rag and drop a little Dawn on it, about a dime-size amount. Rub it into the towel, then wipe it over the dash panels. Once you've thoroughly cleaned everything, go back over it with a wet towel, and then a dry one. Top it off with the protection product of your choice (I like Meguiar's Natural Shine).

·
Registered
208 Posts
Also Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will rip any armor-all or nasty slimy gunk off your dash. I used it on my vinyl headliner recently to clean it up, made a huge difference. But you have to put some sort of protectant on it afterwards, it leaves the surface bare.

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Woolite and water mixture....make it like 10 drops of soap for a bottle of water. When you shake it , it should bubble up pretty good.

Thatll cut it down and you should find like a low shine dash protectant and use that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.