Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone...

how do you know if your brake pads are bad? i pretty much know when rotors do - when you hear a grinding sound when you brake - but am unclear when pads get bad...i have a clicking sound at random times when braking...thinking they're my pads - however i'm looking into oem or aftermarket...i don't know yet

· Registered
167 Posts
akemi27 said:
hey everyone...

how do you know if your brake pads are bad? i pretty much know when rotors do - when you hear a grinding sound when you brake - but am unclear when pads get bad...i have a clicking sound at random times when braking...thinking they're my pads - however i'm looking into oem or aftermarket...i don't know yet
If the pads are worn they will squeal cuz there are little pieces of metal called wear indicators that will rub on the rotors. If u hear grinding then ur pads are totally worn out and the rotors will need to be replaced also. If the rotors are warped or have hot spots the pedal and steering weel will kinda shutter when u brake.

How many miles u got on ur car cuz the front brakes sholud go like 60k miles or so befor they need to be replaced.

· Registered
8,520 Posts
Listen for the SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEK.

· Registered
167 Posts
Re: my steering wheel does shake

akemi27 said:
i ony have 42g's on it...dammit not rotors too!!!

U dont necesarily need new rotors, u might be able to bring them to a shop and have them turned or resurfaced.

· Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oem? or aftermarket

hey everyone...

thanks for the replies and advice...other than a big brake upgrade...are aftermarket pads/ rotors worth it? or should i just stick w/ oem...another noob q - do i have brakes in the rear? (i know it sounds stupid, but hey...i wouldn't ask if i didn't know)

· Registered
167 Posts
Re: oem? or aftermarket

akemi27 said:
hey everyone...

thanks for the replies and advice...other than a big brake upgrade...are aftermarket pads/ rotors worth it? or should i just stick w/ oem...another noob q - do i have brakes in the rear? (i know it sounds stupid, but hey...i wouldn't ask if i didn't know)
If u have abs than u got 4 wheel discs if not than i believe u have drums in the rear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.