Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to take off my head lights to smoke them. I have a 1990 civic HB. I already found how to smoke them but i don't konw how to get them out. I just tried to.. but i got stuck.. i got the first screw out (the one on the top). But from there i couldn't find what held it in. Please don't tell me i have to take off the front bumper. and if so please tell me how to do that. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Im trying to recall exactly. There are two 10mm bolts on each of the headlights up on top of the radiator support. One I believe behind the side indicator light.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok.. so you don't have to take off the whole front bumper?? so then how do you get the whole housing out. is it just those 3 bolts on each side. Because i had the two top ones out, then it moved around a bit. but i couldn't find what else was holding it.

·
Registered
707 Posts
On the eg's the front bumper has to come off. I dont know about the crx/civic but chances are it has to come off. Theres a few screws on top by the hood latch support and theres 1 or 2 in each wheel well. Just start taking shit off till you find whats holding it on.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i treied taking shit off till i find what held it on... i just don't want to get into the task of taking off the bumper unless i know that i have to. It seems like a big ass deal to take off the bumper. And i don't want to take off the bumper to get to the lights until i get my clear corners. So then i can do it in one shot. SO DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO TAKE OF EF HEAD LIGHTS!!!
Thanks

·
Registered
707 Posts
In the amount of time it took you to cry that entire paragraph you could have had the bumper off. This is a 10 minute ordeal to get these lights out and you've mangaged to make it an entire day without figuring it out. YES the front bumper has to come off. Theres 2 bolts underneath when you take the bumper off.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
The corners can be put on while the bumper is on but for the headlights you would need to take off the bumper cover. Its 4 bolts up top ( I believe) and two screws on either side of the fenders. also if your car still has them on there will be 4 other bolts on the lower part of the cover, under the car.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SuperSleeper said:
In the amount of time it took you to cry that entire paragraph you could have had the bumper off. This is a 10 minute ordeal to get these lights out and you've mangaged to make it an entire day without figuring it out. YES the front bumper has to come off. Theres 2 bolts underneath when you take the bumper off.
Ok ill take off the bumper tomorrow. Even know you are kinda seeming like a dick about it, you still helped. so thanks. oh and (kinghawk) Im pretty sure only the 88-89 EF corner lights can be taken out without the bumper being taken off. Because they have the exposed screw's.. but 90-91 don't. But w/e ill take off the bumper tomorrow.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i got the bumper off and the head lights out. I also got the head lights smoked without to big of a problem... BUT HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET THE CORNER LIGHTS APART!!! I really don't want to put my smoked head lights on without smoked corners.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts