Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never replaced my fuel filter before, I read a Haynes manual and it said something about depressurizing the fuel line, but how do you do that besides opening the gas cap?

· Registered
949 Posts
unscrew the banjo bolt above the feedin line.. and then all it is takin out the pipes and unscrewing the filter out of its seat.. place some rags around the filter area to absorb the fuel that mite spill out.. tada

· Registered
6,555 Posts
i dont know if this helps but i think you should do
that after your car sat for at least 12-24 hours

· Registered
610 Posts
Yeah, do what Accelerazn said. It's pretty simple and hard to screw up. By depressurizing your filter, you're just letting out some fuel slowly so it doesn't hit you in the eye or something. Attach the new filter and then start your car. You'll probably have to run the starter a while to get the fuel pumping through the new filter. Then the car should start right up.

· Registered
1,379 Posts
use a flare wrench when taking the filter off, standard wrenches love to strip the bolts which isn't good. another thing to help depressurize the line is to unscrew your gas cap that lets some of the pressure escape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.