Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
hey

take off the neg. terminal from your batt....and then let it sit for a sec...and then start your engine.....let it idle for about 10 or so minutes for the ECU to take in info...

that's it =P

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Pop out the fuse and let it sit for a few.

·
Registered
163 Posts
bilt4spd said:
Take the negative off. Go in and depress the brake pedal for 15 seconds. Put cable back on. Start car and drive away....
pushing on the brake pedal does what nothing don't do that. second don't drive off let the car idle for about10min like someone else said. if you don't feel like taking the neg batt cable off, remove the back up fuse from the fuse box under the hood and keep it out for a min than put it back in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Disconnect the battery, take out the fuse and then wait for 30mins.

Reconnect the battery, put back the fuse and start up the car. Let the car idle for 10 mins; don't press the gas during the idle period. Then drive away like you usually do after you let your car idle for 10 mins.

·
Registered
461 Posts
the easiest way i found to rest the ECU was from the www.team-integra.net website, warm up the car until in reaches normal temp, turn it off, pop the hood, locate fuse box, take out the two fuses in the very upper left hand corner, let it sit for about 10 min , old data should be gone be then , put the fuse back in, start it up let it sit for about 10 min and DO NOT HIT THE GAS DURING THE PERIOD, take the time to rest clock and radio stations

·
Registered
18 Posts
for one you should reset you ECU when you do any type of upgrade ex: headers.

warm up the car until in reaches normal temp, turn it off, disconnect the battery, locate fuse box, take out the two fuses in the upper left hand corner, let it sit for about 10 min , put the fuse back in, re-connect battery, start it up let it sit for about 10 minutes and DO NOT HIT THE GAS DURING THE PERIOD

Will

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I think I missed that. Should I hit the gas pedal when I reset my ecu?

Sarcasm

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ok, what I do is take the negative battery terminal off for about 8 minutes, put it back, then start the car and let it run for about 8 minutes. You don't need to mess with the fuses, but if you have one of those stereos with passwords it's nice to pull a fuse. If your radio's presets are gone and your clock is off you know the ECU has been reset.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
IntegEmon95 said:
just a heads up if you take the back up off if you have the factory radio in your car youll have to put the code in it cuz the radio works through that.
All radios should work like that. I believe backup is the fuse for the small constant voltage that runs to keep things working, such as the clock and the presets for your radio.

Either way you go, you will probably have to reset your clock and radio.

·
Registered
156 Posts
sorry, this is off the topic...

no wonder i couldn't register under my old SHO user name....its been taken by another "B18C Ya".....DAMN!!!!!

back to the topic...

like everyone else said, just disconnect the neg battery terminal and let it sit for a couple minutes or two. then reconnect it, without hitting the gas pedal. let the ECU re-map itself and then you'll be good to go.

i usually do this after every oil change and every performance upgrade...but that's just me.....

one more thing....GIVE ME MY NAME BACK!!! Just playin'...

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Some were saying to warm the car up to normal driving temp. before removing the negative terminal or pulling the fuse. Is this required??

I just pulled the car into the garage and now have the - terminal off :confused:

Going to give it about 15 minutes then put itback on, idle the car for 10 minutes, shut it off, and then leave for work a few minutes later :eek:

Thanks for any info on the Q up top!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
HondaTegGSR said:
the easiest way i found to rest the ECU was from the www.team-integra.net website, warm up the car until in reaches normal temp, turn it off, pop the hood, locate fuse box, take out the two fuses in the very upper left hand corner, let it sit for about 10 min , old data should be gone be then , put the fuse back in, start it up let it sit for about 10 min and DO NOT HIT THE GAS DURING THE PERIOD, take the time to rest clock and radio stations
That's the best advice in this thread, then again it is from the guys at team-integra.net. You don't need to pull your negative connection off your battery, but if you really feel the need to, more power to you I guess. The reason you want to warm your car up before you pull the fuse is because you want the RPMs to be constant while your ECU collects information. If you don't warm the car up first, the RPMs when you start the car will be different than the RPMs after 10 minutes which would do to the ECU the same as what playing with the gas a little would do. It wouldn't be as drastic but still your car should be at a constant idle when you're letting it run for the 10 minutes for the ECU to collect data.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.