Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there's no screws??? on my prelude, there's screws that you can just unscrew and take out the center console, but on my mom's 97 accord, there's no screws? i need access to the back of her deck and i can only get it by taking out the center console, right?

·
Registered
37 Posts
ok heres what to do

1. open the center compartment/armrest
2. remove the plastic cover at the bottom of it (pry it off with a flathead screwdriver)
3. unscrew the 2 screws
4. remove the cupholder near the e-brake (just lift it out)
5. remove the 3 screws u see
6. now grab a hold of the whole center console and pull it out towards the rear cabin
7. now u will see another 2 screws...remove them
8. now carefully pull off the entire assembly over the shifter and be careful not to use to much force and break the clips (its one big piece so just lift and pull)
9. u should now have access to the deck

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PeachBoy said:
ok heres what to do

1. open the center compartment/armrest
2. remove the plastic cover at the bottom of it (pry it off with a flathead screwdriver)
3. unscrew the 2 screws
4. remove the cupholder near the e-brake (just lift it out)
5. remove the 3 screws u see
6. now grab a hold of the whole center console and pull it out towards the rear cabin
7. now u will see another 2 screws...remove them
8. now carefully pull off the entire assembly over the shifter and be careful not to use to much force and break the clips (its one big piece so just lift and pull)
9. u should now have access to the deck
thanks man! that helped alot!

·
Registered
37 Posts
np glad i could help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.