Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this dude has a 95 special edition integra, and he has intake and n1 full cat back, he asid he did some port and polish to his internals and had some like 99 jdm headers and shit. i think this fool is lieing cuz his car is slow when i see it but he always tells me that he smokes other cars. how fast do u think ur car runs?

·
Registered
204 Posts
PORT AND POLISH DOSEN'T DO NOTHING ANYWAY
Actually, port and polishing is very effective in a majority of intake manifolds and heads. It won't show much difference on a stock car like his special edition, but in a car w/ increase exhaust and intake, especially mated w/ bigger cams, port and polishing can be very effective in creating better, smoother airflow, thus equally more hp.

Anyway, his car probably isn't running much better than 15's, like jdmhonda said. Why don't you just take a car which you already know runs a certain 1/4 and just match him up on a race. That should give you a rough idea.

say header, not headers... tegs only have one.

·
Registered
97 Posts
GReddy Set Go said:
this dude has a 95 special edition integra, and he has intake and n1 full cat back, he asid he did some port and polish to his internals and had some like 99 jdm headers and shit. i think this fool is lieing cuz his car is slow when i see it but he always tells me that he smokes other cars. how fast do u think ur car runs?
How fast how?

In a straight fuggin line? What a waste IMO. Without the challenge of braking turning, shifting and finding and executing the perfect apex and following with a perfect exit, it's boring as fuck to do and twice as boring to watch.

Guessing at how fast a car or someone is, is stupid at best. And used to be a rule against which was enforced.

16's 17's who the fuck knows.

Who the fuck really cares.

Fast even in a straight line is dependant on many things more than just the car itself or it's potential with a fartcan and hypothetical P&P.

How about the weather? Is it hot and humid? Is the road wet? What tires does one run on? Is the road surface asphalt, or cement or some rubberized hybrid, cracked or smooth as glass?

How is the driver? Is he skilled? If for straight line bangin bullshit, does he have good reaction times?

In short an SE can be handled well by a good driver to humiliate you or even a Z06 with a shit assed driver on a roadcourse,

Straight line is for pussies.

Stoplight racing is for Fags.

If you really care so much go fuggin play race him yourself and really find out.

Boy, how this site has gone down the crapper and resurfaced like a floater. Now it just has new shit spewing flys attracted to it like a lame life raft. What a shell of what it once was.

LOCK THIS FUGGIN CRAP, OR DON'T THE RULES APPLY HERE ANYMORE?

BTW It's HEADER halfwit!

Have a nice day!:)

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
I doubt he's running mid 15s. And like Anton said I agree, but I would assume 16s low to mid. But doubtful mid 15s. SE's are probably the slowest of the tegs, since they're the heaviest of the tegs. And I owned 2 SE tegs from 1995, SLOWWWW.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Re: Re: how fast is this car?

Apex-R said:

Boy, how this site has gone down the crapper and resurfaced like a floater. Now it just has new shit spewing flys attracted to it like a lame life raft. What a shell of what it once was.

BTW
It's HEADER halfwit![/B]

Have a nice day!:) [/B]
Damn Anton you hurt my feelings with the straight lines are for pussies man ;)

i agree somewhat i have been seeing alot of stupid sit on here lately. lot of false info . too many kids.
But hey . their the "New Breed of Speed " according to Hi rev tuners and Nopi.:D

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Re: Re: how fast is this car?

Apex-R said:
How fast how?

In a straight fuggin line? What a waste IMO. Without the challenge of braking turning, shifting and finding and executing the perfect apex and following with a perfect exit, it's boring as fuck to do and twice as boring to watch.

Guessing at how fast a car or someone is, is stupid at best. And used to be a rule against which was enforced.

16's 17's who the fuck knows.

Who the fuck really cares.

Fast even in a straight line is dependant on many things more than just the car itself or it's potential with a fartcan and hypothetical P&P.

How about the weather? Is it hot and humid? Is the road wet? What tires does one run on? Is the road surface asphalt, or cement or some rubberized hybrid, cracked or smooth as glass?

How is the driver? Is he skilled? If for straight line bangin bullshit, does he have good reaction times?

In short an SE can be handled well by a good driver to humiliate you or even a Z06 with a shit assed driver on a roadcourse,

If you really care so much go fuggin play race him yourself and really find out.

BTW
It's HEADER halfwit![/B]

Have a nice day!:) [/B]

and that my friends is how you own someone :bowdown: drag racing is fay

·
Registered
97 Posts
Re: Re: Re: how fast is this car?

itr206 said:
Damn Anton you hurt my feelings with the straight lines are for pussies man ;)

i agree somewhat i have been seeing alot of stupid sit on here lately. lot of false info . too many kids.
But hey . their the "New Breed of Speed " according to Hi rev tuners and Nopi.:D
ROFLOL:p :D ;)

Just IMO, not tryin to hurt ya or anyone else for that matter, and gawd knows your car could walk me in a line 10 times over. My rant is really just a reaction to the B. S. I see here. Not that I'm the greatest or even Tuan and the guys that came before us but, there is very little of anything worthwhile here and theres garbage all over the place.

Whats the point of the rules even being posted if they aren't enforced? It used to be less looks and a bit more tech oriented here but, I guess you're right. The populous rules. These kids are ready to slap on a body kit and some happy gas tanks and are ready to be in IT or High Rev TunerZ yO!

Boy how times have changed.

I haven't posted here in quite a while and am stunned to see what I see when I do visit again.:rolleyes:

IMO, you're ALL owned if you put up with this garbage or frequent and support a site that does.

PS Drag racing ain't my cup of tea, I don't hate it but, at least they keep it at the strip and off the streets. STREET RACING IS THE FAG'S GAME.

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: how fast is this car?

Apex-R said:

Just IMO, not tryin to hurt ya or anyone else for that matter, and gawd knows your car could walk me in a line 10 times over. My rant is really just a reaction to the B. S. I see here. Not that I'm the greatest or even Tuan and the guys that came before us but, there is very little of anything worthwhile here and theres garbage is all over the place.

Whats the point of the rules even being posted if they aren't enforced? It used to be less looks and a bit more tech oriented here but, I guess you're right. The populous rules. These kids are ready to slap on a body kit and some happy gas tanks and are ready to be in IT or High Rev TunerZ yO!

I haven't posted here in quite a while and am stunned to see what I see when I do visit again.:rolleyes:

IMO, you're ALL owned if you put up with this garbage or frequent and support a site that does.
I love you. :D

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: how fast is this car?

Apex-R said:

Just IMO, not tryin to hurt ya or anyone else for that matter, and gawd knows your car could walk me in a line 10 times over. My rant is really just a reaction to the B. S. I see here. Not that I'm the greatest or even Tuan and the guys that came before us but, there is very little of anything worthwhile here and theres garbage is all over the place.

PS Drag racing ain't my cup of tea, I don't hate it but, at least they keep it at the strip and off the streets. STREET RACING IS THE FAG'S GAME.

yes it is

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: how fast is this car?

Nguyen said:
I love you. :D
Awwwe, you guys got me all misty eyed...

See I even brought the Big Guns for old times sake!

Bored at work, had to keep myself occupied somehow.

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: how fast is this car?

1Greyteg said:

: worship :

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: how fast is this car?

1Greyteg said:

Haha Glad that you came by to keep "occupied". I remember when you first got here and Tuan introed us to you. Man that seems like so long ago

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Nice colorscheme Temp, didn't know you were a girl.:D

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: how fast is this car?

Nguyen said:
Haha Glad that you came by to keep "occupied". I remember when you first got here and Tuan introed us to you. Man that seems like so long ago
I was active here for 3 years before that. I just became uber cool and ridiculousy mean tempered when I became a mod.

Wow, there went that upswing to this post.

Wheres Clayton?

Hell, where are the friggen mods?

I still see Randyman from time to time on another site.

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: how fast is this car?

1Greyteg said:
I was active here for 3 years before that. I just became uber cool and ridiculousy mean tempered when I became a mod.

Wheres Clayton?

we lost a lot of mods after the reset

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: how fast is this car?

1Greyteg said:

Wheres Clayton?

Well thats what I mean, I knew you were a member here, but I meant when you got made a mod here.

Clayton has kind of been MIA lately. Popping up every once in a while.

And the same with Randyman. But another site seems reasonable, not all of us are stuck here on SHO....

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: how fast is this car?

Nguyen said:
Well thats what I mean, I knew you were a member here, but I meant when you got made a mod here.

Clayton has kind of been MIA lately. Popping up every once in a while.

And the same with Randyman. But another site seems reasonable, not all of us are stuck here on SHO....

SHO is t3h fun, no other site i have been to is as fun as SHO

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: how fast is this car?

temp said:
SHO is t3h fun, no other site i have been to is as fun as SHO
Oh I'm not doubting the fun of OT, but as for tech, I used to look at the Integra forum for so much help, but now I use TI.net for my Integra needs.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.