Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
there are too many variables. no one can tell exactly what a car will run on that day. so the best thing is just to take it to the track and see what it does.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
xX94delsolsiXx said:
the mods are: b18c1 swapped, msd, skunk2 im, aem cai, chipped ecu... what do you guys think?
chipped ecu means jack to us without specifics. msd won't do much for you since the stock ignition timing is good till 400hp(waste of money IMO). A cai might net you like 3-4 Peak HP. Skunk IM is alrgith i guess. i know with a GSR with IM CAI would prolly run about a 15.2. do you have any other mods. like a bigger exhaust for a more aggressive motor?

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
at least i'm not the only one who feels this way.:btu

you should run it & find out, then you'll know instead of running the risk of getting called out on your speculation. good luck & let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WVU97GS-R said:
chipped ecu means jack to us without specifics. msd won't do much for you since the stock ignition timing is good till 400hp(waste of money IMO). A cai might net you like 3-4 Peak HP. Skunk IM is alrgith i guess. i know with a GSR with IM CAI would prolly run about a 15.2. do you have any other mods. like a bigger exhaust for a more aggressive motor?
well the chipped ecu helps me a lot... cuz it when i have stock gsr odb1 ecu i couldn't beat my friend's gsr with intake after 4th gear... cuz he got high rev rpm... and mine rev limit only at 7.8k... so the chip raise to rev limit to 9k and vtec at 4.8k and raise the top speed... after the chipped ecu i pull my friend's gsr easily at any gear... i'm kinda noob about all these things but i say from wat i know and wat i experienced from... and i tried to race with the new nissan altima 3.5l v6 sl... i ran even with it from 0-90mph dead even... so i think my quater mile should be around 14.7 but i dunno i might be wrong i'll need to bring it to the track and see how it go... about the exhaust i try to keep silence so i stay with stock i dun like cop's attention... and the msd the shop hook it up for me for use rite now cuz some1 jack my stock ignition during the swap process... trying to get it state ref... b4 i do anything else... thanks for all the comments...

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
xX94delsolsiXx said:
well the chipped ecu helps me a lot... cuz it when i have stock gsr odb1 ecu i couldn't beat my friend's gsr with intake after 4th gear... cuz he got high rev rpm... and mine rev limit only at 7.8k... so the chip raise to rev limit to 9k and vtec at 4.8k and raise the top speed... after the chipped ecu i pull my friend's gsr easily at any gear... i'm kinda noob about all these things but i say from wat i know and wat i experienced from... and i tried to race with the new nissan altima 3.5l v6 sl... i ran even with it from 0-90mph dead even... so i think my quater mile should be around 14.7 but i dunno i might be wrong i'll need to bring it to the track and see how it go... about the exhaust i try to keep silence so i stay with stock i dun like cop's attention... and the msd the shop hook it up for me for use rite now cuz some1 jack my stock ignition during the swap process... trying to get it state ref... b4 i do anything else... thanks for all the comments...
no you're missing my point lol. i'm not saying that it isn't doing anything. i'm saying we don' tknow the specs of whatever it is. a chipped ecu could mean so many things. we don't know the specs you have setup on it. altimas aren't that fast btw. to say you 've run with this car to 90 mph doesn't tel us about your 1/4 mile time especially since nobody else here knows the specifics. we werent' ripping on you. btw msd is a waste of money at this point if your running with the b18c1 factory ignition setup. hondas stock ignition and fuel rails are good for well past whatever HP you have now. Igition upgrade isn't gonna really make you any power at this point unless you are pushing well over 300hp. if you really want to know what will make your b18c1 faster and your goals is mid to low 14's here.
Skunk2 stage 1 cams
Skunk2 single stage Intake manifold
Intake
Header
2.25-2.5 exhaust.
(i would recommend a tranny but i don't know what transmission you have swapped onto your car)
the thing most people forget which IMO is the most important. TIRES!!!!!!!!!!!
lsd will help as well but isn't needed for mid 14's.
What i listed will take a GSR into the 14's easily, but you have a sol so i believe you might be a little lighter. I'm not sure as too how much though but this will get you alot faster. and leave the ignition alone for now as well as the fuel rail.

P.S. why are you messing with vtec engagement on a b18c1 and moving the rev limit to 9K on a stock GSR motor? If those are the only mods you have listed???? :confused DId you dyno tune this thing for you to mess with engagement. Your motor is virtually stock except for an IM and and an Intake. Why do you need a 9K rpms redline considering the car prolly stops makng power past 7800 rpms

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well according to my vtec LED shows that vtec still kick in at 4.9k so it only raise the rev limit up to 9k max cuz normally gsr 9k is their max but mine stop when it hit 7.8k does that happen when u guys swap it gsr in a civic? it's a complete gsr swap, so it has gsr tranny, etc... watever it has... but wat would u prefer... should i get lsd or cams, header upgrade?

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
xX94delsolsiXx said:
well according to my vtec LED shows that vtec still kick in at 4.9k so it only raise the rev limit up to 9k max cuz normally gsr 9k is their max but mine stop when it hit 7.8k does that happen when u guys swap it gsr in a civic? it's a complete gsr swap, so it has gsr tranny, etc... watever it has... but wat would u prefer... should i get lsd or cams, header upgrade?
it's your ecu that's the problem not the motor. the motor only makes power till just before 8K max hp is 7600 rpms. reving to 9K is needless wear and tear on your motor. especially if it wasn't designed to go that high. vtec on the stock GSR is at 4400 rpms. if you're asking these questions you shouldn't be messing with the ecu like you are. LSD is for traction but won't affect functionaliy of your motor. cams are not toys. you can't just throw on a chipped ecu and have it do all this funky stuff to your motor then be like well i'll drop some cams in there too. this shit all needs to be tuned. i would get the lsd last right now since you really need your motor taken care of first. make sure it works first before trying to put it all down to the ground

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.