Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how hard it is to convert the 94-97 Accord 4 lug suspension to a 98 accord or prelude 5 lug suspension. Let me know if anyone has done it.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
useless modifications are for ricers.....are YOU a ricer?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
you will never get a honda 4-banger to the point where it NEEDS 5 lugs.

therefore it's useless and rice. even the v6 wouldn't need it. it's purely an appearance thing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont care if it is for ricers

i just want to know if its hard and if any1 has done it. it is purely for looks and not for performance reasons. so if you dont have any insight on how to do it dont post a reply.

oh yea i think its sad when little 4 bangers put the big v8's to shame at the track.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
"i dont care if it is for ricers" that's my new quote :lol :lol

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
VTECpower220 said:
i just want to know if its hard and if any1 has done it. it is purely for looks and not for performance reasons. so if you dont have any insight on how to do it dont post a reply.

oh yea i think its sad when little 4 bangers put the big v8's to shame at the track.
Search will reveal all u want to know on this little topic.
To be nice about it; if you post things like this and then when people take a hack at it, if you respond with "so if you dont have any insight on how to do it dont post a reply." then you will quickly develop many enemies and be banned from here. I know how it is, you try to learn some shit but then peeps rip into it and ur like WTF but its a forum and most of us been here for a while so when you start bustin the "if you dont have insight, dont post" you start to just piss everyone off and kill the mood. As harsh as their responses may be, not everyone here is an asshole out to flame you jus cuz ur new to this site or because they are all out performance freaks. Most of the time they are jus pokin fun and you jus gotta lay out some more reasoning.
Constructive cristicism and mindless teasing man; its what the superhonda family is about. :clap
Yea it might be funny to see a inline 4 beat out a v8 but with money anything is possible dude; im sure you know this as well as I do. I had my brothers car beating an evo, a g35 and a 350z to name jus a couple cars but the main difference is my bro put $15k into jus the engine, those peeps put a few grand more into the car purchase itself. We can either be rice burners (we hate domestics for blah blah blah reasons and we think our cars are uber elite and nothing can beat them......*narrow minded blind logic*) or we can be truly auto enthusiasts and give respect to the sports cars and muscle cars if they are fast as well. (True auto enthusiests respect all makes/models that are modified decently and tastefully)
I've gotten props from a couple guys that drove mustangs; one HBPD officer and lots of the peeps here in so cal and for what?.......i have no engine mods...like.....at all......... lol

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
ahh, then maybe you should go to a website that condones rice :lol

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
VTECpower220 said:
its funny that you have alot to say about "ricers" but you are selling "ricer" motors
what the fuck are you talking about? I think you have your terminology wrong, let me enlighten you

RICE=WRONG (INSULTING, MOCKING)
examples:
a huge wing and a loud exhaust on an automatic unmodified civic=rice

Accord with H22 inside=not rice

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
VTECpower220 said:
its funny that you have alot to say about "ricers" but you are selling "ricer" motors
yah, exactly dude....get your terminology right. rice is doing useless shit (ie burnouts on the street, 5lug conversions, euro tail lights etc etc. last time i checked, the motors listed are high performance honda motors :rolleyes

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
TSM_Pikachu said:
ok..........and WHAT is wrong with my civic...... :wow
:D I used Civic as an example because it is a common victim of rice, not its fault though

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
useless modifications are for ricers.....are YOU a ricer?
if you do alot of brake work getting rid of the hub over rotor design isnt really rice. and if he has an LX/DX/SE converting the rear from drum to disc for better braking is rice? :confused

having a wider selection of rims isnt really considered rice in my opinion either.
if i did the 5 lug conversion id rock the 5 lug gunmetal ITR rims in a heart beat.

advan kreuzers? rice!? :eek

if this website doesnt condone rice or people that are into "show" then there goes 3/4 of the members.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
bonestock94 said:
if you do alot of brake work getting rid of the hub over rotor design isnt really rice. and if he has an LX/DX/SE converting the rear from drum to disc for better braking is rice? :confused

having a wider selection of rims isnt really considered rice in my opinion either.
if i did the 5 lug conversion id rock the 5 lug gunmetal ITR rims in a heart beat.

advan kreuzers? rice!? :eek

if this website doesnt condone rice or people that are into "show" then there goes 3/4 of the members.
agreed... the 5 lug swap is functional and aesthetic... switching from hub over rotor to rotor over hub means less complicated and less time consuming brake changes- which means less money spent if you pay someone to change your brakes, and as you mentioned you can get discs at all 4 corners if you didn't have it already... seems like a perfect mod, as it's both functional and aesthetic.

lots of wheels out there that aren't even made for 4 lug cars: advan model 5s, work vs-xx, work mesiter s1, work emotion, volk gtu just to name a few, only come 5 x 114.3 or 5 x 100... but i guess those are ricer wheels. :rolleyes

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
there are plenty of light weight rims to choose from that have the 4x114 pattern too :rolleyes i don't think swapping the rear drum for rear discs is rice. that has performance all over it....but to do it just because you want a 5lug pattern to get a 5lug rim IS rice. there's just no point to it since there are a lot of 4lug lightweight rims. and yah, a lot of the members here are into rice....and for the good of the tuner community, i've sworn to change that just as my eyes have been opened.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Can we all just get some fuckin peace around this god forsaken site
Jeebus cripes this is turning in to HS or something i swear........

Things we agree on that are shitty; stupid; ricey; lame and appear dumb:

1.. Altezza tails, no matter which way you cut it, they are stupid. Keep it on toyota

2. Nozzle lights, tear one apart and you will see why this is just a total waste of money. They seal horribly, dont light up bright at all, create more fix it tickets than looks from people who are even remotely impressed or disgusted and cost more than they should.

3. Z3 fenders, this needs to go with #1. Z3 is a bmw make/model; keep bmw stuff with bmw stuff.......there are certain lines you should not cross......this is one of them.

4. Angel eyes projectors, Reference #3 for this one too.

5. Front mount intake, this looks remotely cool for about 5 seconds, then you really think about it and this thing is a complete piece.........

6. Removing the wheel covers for that "racer look" stock steelies.

7. Muffler, not exhaust,......muffler that is bigger than you NEED for your car and creates more noise than ur stereo. Noise does not equate to performance.

8. Cutting springs, dont do it, you put safety of others and urself at risk. You also risk serious damage to your car.

9. Anything above 18 inch wheels on a stock honda.

10. Blue coated headlight bulbs, they dont work and no they dont look like HID, im sorry but these DECREASE your light output by coating the bulb blue.....then they up the wattage to make it look brighter in which case it is not.

11. Xenon 194-168bulbs; unless you do this because you just want color and dont care about light........it is rice. Same concept as the blue coated headlights. EXCEPTION is sylvania silverstars as those actually DO work and ARE legal. They come with paperwork to show in court if you ever get ticketed for them. Does your other bulbs have that?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wait a minute if I was to convert the five lug setup as mentioned above I wouldn't havee to have the rotors pressed off at machine shop to change my brakes? Cuz rice or no rice if it makes it so I don't have to press the rotor off then mine are already changed. That pissed me off so bad to find out what I had to do to just change the freakin rotors.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts