Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stock compression of my d15b jdm sohc vtec is 9.3 something , can anyone guess how much compression i can run na without mashing up my engine ? by pistons ? port and polishing head, head gasket and stuff like that ?
anyone know head specs for d15b and if i can put other pistons like a6 from the 1990 crx si pistons inthere ?

·
Registered
506 Posts
there are a lot of different factors, what kind of gas you are gonna run, your altitude, and what work you have done to the internals(forged rods and pistons, head bolts, sleeves etc) there really is no exact answer but I would say on 92 or better you could probably run about 11 if you live somewhere pretty low

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kool

i never knew all those factors have 2 be considered, i live in florida so im low, i always run 93 gas and onm stock internals how much compression ? and do you know if the a6 or wat pistons can fit ? or if noit where i can get the cobustion chamber info ?

·
Registered
506 Posts
yeah those are all factors because the air pressure makes a big differnce, at higher elevations cars run more rich because the air is thinner but at lower elevations its more dense, the basic problem w/ high compression is knocking/pinging/detonating when proper care is not taken. I'm sorry I can't think of the bore and stroke of the D-series engines off hand but I'm sure you will find plenty of places if you do a search on google, good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts