Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinkin about gettin air suspension but just wondering how long they last and are they a pain in the neck? I know that hondas shouldnt use air bags but cylinders cuz of clearance issues. What are the best brands with quality ride?

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
My friend constantly had to refill the bags on his truck if he wanted it at a specific level (At least twice a day). There's a gauge on the box that incorporates the button to increase pressure. But for the 3-4 years he had it before he sold the truck, it kept working good. Just didn't hold air pressure that well. Maybe there was a reason for it? I don't know.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how long did he have the system in the truck?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Just asking how long it lasts is subjective. It depends on temperatures that they operate at, and what the driving conditions are.

Not that it's bags, but to prove a point about suspension, my mom's 500sl was 4 years old when she moved from Walnut Creek CA to Gainsville FL. There was 0 troubles with the car, 4 months after moving to gainsville the shocks needed replaced, then 8 months after that, then again 7 months after that, she finally got sick of it and got an escalade, hopefully it will last a little better.

I have a friend in Norwich CT that had bags put on and one blew 3 months after he got it on a REAL cold day, there's a guy down the road from me with the exact same bag setup that's almost 3 years old.

So long story short, it depeneds how your roads are, how you drive, and what your weather is like.

·
Registered
87 Posts
ive had my setup for like 2 years now....the only thing is after a while youll have to change the seals on the cylinders ......well for me i had to cause of these roads out here in jersey. the cylinders take a pretty good bang on these roads i drive through.....one more thing "leaks are a bitch" :p make sure everything is tight.

·
Registered
87 Posts
im hittin potholes almost everyday and its still good..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Use the filters on the cylinders so it dont suck up air. The cylinder should last a long time. Worst case situation you replace the seals as DON has stated.. i have no problems with mine and my customers that I have done.

·
Registered
87 Posts
phatz, your ride looks cleannnnnn

·
Registered
40 Posts
djkai said:
phatz, your ride looks cleannnnnn
Thanks Im also sportin a set of skyline tails.

Here is a tease of my setup

Thats the first setup I ever done., 2 viars, 2 chrome 3's, mac stack valves... every other setup i have done i have used parkers or GC's or smc's solenoids.

my civic thats commin out as my winter beater is rockin 2x gc450 extremes for the rear upz. haha

·
Registered
87 Posts
phatz, where you got the carbon fiber trunk from? custom made? if so, where? im tryin to get one also..

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have had my setup for about 3 1/2 years be prepared for it to break. you will get air leaks do getting around it, seal will get mesed up fittings will go bad, valves (sometimes will go out) Make sure you take it to a shop that knows what they are doing pay the extra money. Trust me When I first got my set up I took it to a shop and they crack my strut towers I had to get them re-welded, they used old parts that broke like a few days after I got it. But if you take it to a good shop the only thing you should have trouble with it air leaks. O another note get a kill switch for you compressior this will save your battery. And also learn how to fix it your self

·
Registered
87 Posts
H22_ACCORD_LMT said:
And also learn how to fix it your self
i agree with him.... it helps alot and save ALOTTA money if u kno how to do it yourself.. when i first got it installed at the shop.. leaks on every fittin.. i barely made it home on i10... redid everything over.. no leaks now...

·
Registered
682 Posts
djkai do you have the three wheel on both back tires? How high does it get. The reason I ask is cause mine oly gets like 7-8 inches, but my friends civic gets 15-17. All the civic I have sceen get real high but the accords are real low. and try this trick I found out I can get my front tire off the ground my three wheeling say my passanger side back tire and poping up my driver side front tire. It only works when no one is in the car. Have you tried this before.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got a guy to make me the CF trunk custom. He is no longer around.

I have done setups from my garage that have no problems. I have fixed many kits and I install all my own kits and do it for other people all the time...use proper fittings and take your time. You wont have a problem. I am known in my area for only using JIC fittings + hydro lines. Thats how I like it. BUt I have used DOT PTC fittings and I have had no problems also..

·
Registered
87 Posts
H22_ACCORD_LMT said:
djkai do you have the three wheel on both back tires? How high does it get. The reason I ask is cause mine oly gets like 7-8 inches, but my friends civic gets 15-17. All the civic I have sceen get real high but the accords are real low. and try this trick I found out I can get my front tire off the ground my three wheeling say my passanger side back tire and poping up my driver side front tire. It only works when no one is in the car. Have you tried this before.
i get a stupid 3-4 inch ... =T
it wont go higher anymore unless i raise the rear cylinder

how do u pop 3 wheel for the front???? i dont get it

·
Registered
682 Posts
how do u pop 3 wheel for the front???? i dont get it [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah I did not think you would casue I did not explain it that good.

1- three wheel a back tire. Say the back passanger side.

2- after it is on three wheel this means that the front trie on the driver side is all the way down.

3- now pop up the driver side front tire and when you do that the back tire that is on three wheel will fall back on the floor and the front tire wil lift up.

It works better for me when my tanks are al the way filled up cause more pressure. How much Psi are you running casue this might determine if you can do it. I am running 200.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts