Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long before I need to buy new shocks if I get a Eibach Pro-kit installed? Or any aftermarket spring for that matter. My current shocks have about 45,000 miles on them! I am driving a 99 Civic Dx Sedan. HELP..ME..PLEASE! I want to drop my car, but don't have the money right now for the shocks.

· Registered
9,948 Posts
my friend has a 92 breeze hatch (1.3 carb!), it has about 200000km on the clock, and the car has been driven as hard as anything, but the dampers are still good (a bit noisy, but they actually work). Try some Monroe dampers (Australian made stuff). They are as good as more expensive stuff, but dont cost too much (maybe AUS$100 per pair of dampers). import some from a shop here and pay half that with out crusty exhange rate. You can easliy dump the car now, and get new dampers later. but the extra stiffness may wear out the stock dampers quicker though, so you will need to look at stiffer dampers also.

· Registered
750 Posts
there is no answer to this question really. It all depends on the cars current condition, how you drive it, how does it feal etc.

Once the ride begins to worsen after you have had the springs, its time to get new shocks.

i would say get them as soon as you have the money.

· Registered
323 Posts
You really should get aftermarket shocks if you have lowered the car...you won't get the full benefit from your new springs until you get better shocks...

· Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bampf said:
You really should get aftermarket shocks if you have lowered the car...you won't get the full benefit from your new springs until you get better shocks...
I'd love to but the money just isn't there right now..thats why I would like to know how much time do you think I could get out of the stocl shocks?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.