Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On average how long do u guys think you spend cleaning your car.. washing waxing and clenaing/detailing? its almost an all day thing for me..like 5 hours..... hand-wash ( i never go to car washes..even touchless..the H20 is dirty), spongy towel thingy dry... wax on, wax off (LOL)...clean rims and tires..get all needless pine needles/leaves out of doorjams, trunk and hood, clean doorjams... i SHOULD do my engine bay but im to scared to.. vacuum out car, Armorall the surafces...let 'er shine.... takes about 5 hours lol. Anyone else?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Depends on what I do, a full detail (in and out, engine) would take me all day. I split up detailing into 2 days a week ago for a car show, inside and engine one day, and full exterior the other. Only took maybe 4 hours for inside and engine, and about 7-8 for exterior. Hand wash, dry, clay bar, Poorboy's SSR2.5, S100 Shine-enhancing cleanser, NXT Wax, Poorbor's Natty's, clean out doorjams/trunk/etc. Left an awesome shine. Passed the towel-drop test just by dropping the towel on the hood :D

But then if I'm just doing a quick cleaning, maybe 2-2 1/2 hours. That's a wash, Quik Detailer as I dry, clean/dress wheels/tires and trim, vacuum and wipe down interior.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
For my accord:

Washing and Drying's about 1HR
Waxing about 1HR

Cleaning the interior about 1 1/2 HR's
Detailing: 3 or 4 HRS (Only if I take it somewhere nice)

All and all, keepin it lookin good can take a day
Its a bitch, but its worth it

Heads turnin :btu

·
Registered
189 Posts
Armor All is the devil

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
a few hours......my interior is always clean so all i have to do is rewipe everything. I wipe down the exterior every other day...plus i park in my garage so it hardly gets dirty from dust or pollen ....:D

·
Registered
665 Posts
ill wash my car, dry it, let it sit for a few hours in my garage. and then get started. takes me about 4 hours or so for EVERYTHING. im doing a full deal on friday, i expect it to take me in excess of 5 hours. we'll see.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
wash, dry by hand, i let it sit for a little bit. clean my rims...interior vacuum, wipe down dash,consoul...like 1 1/2-2 hrs
if i'm waxing/detailing...3-3 1/2 hrs

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
Not long enough, and not often enough. I hate having a white car, you wash and it is dirty by the time you get home. SO you start to think, Why? And with gray wheels, not cleaning the wheels doesn't look so bad. Them damn brembo's are dusty as hell

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.