Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna know how long does carbonworx, fiber images and vis last?
i want to buy the one that last the longer b/c i need to replace my old crappy hood. (looking for hood w/o the use of pins)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
untill u crash? iv never heard of them going bad :confused

·
Registered
342 Posts
Most people I know have recommended VIS as being the best hood. GTP sells double sided CF hoods with a Steel Latch. I'm not sure about their quality, but they seem to be good. The price isnt cheap either

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
ABCsR2EZ4Me said:
Most people I know have recommended VIS as being the best hood. GTP sells double sided CF hoods with a Steel Latch. I'm not sure about their quality, but they seem to be good. The price isnt cheap either

yea, anything carbon fiber that is of good quality is costly, and so is the shipping.

·
Registered
88 Posts
you should get a hood with a protective coat. itll prevent it from fading and looking all scratched. cuz my homeboy has a CF hood on his lude w/out the protective coating...and after a few rains and hot days in the sun...it looks like someone dumped a truck full of sand on it. ps- i heard ViS is pretty good

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
I have a Bodykits NW hood with their protective gel coat. After 8 months it looks brand spankin new. I wouldn't worry about it with any high-quality hood.

The Invidia hood has a steel latch, bolted down in 4 places and is adjustable... all for $350. I would recommend either that or the Bodykits NW one I have. I've compared my hood with my buddy's VIS (which are more expensive, ~$500-550) and the quality is about the same. The BKNW fit better side-to-side but the VIS was better front to back. The underside of the VIS was a little nicer-looking but the BKNW has a slightly better weave and is lighter (about 16lbs vs. 18-20 for the VIS). Fiber Images makes very nice hoods too, better than VIS from what I've seen.

Of course, for a REALLY nice hood you want Spoon. Their quality is on a completely different level altogether.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
See what I mean about the Spoon hood?

At an auto-x once I saw an EK Civic with a Spoon hood with the Spoon logo woven into the C/F. The weave and fitment were just so amazingly perfect. My hood looks nice but that one makes mine look like a child's toy I'm sorry. Too bad the Spoon hoods cost something like $1k.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i would like to get spoon cf hoods, but they dont have it for usdm teg, they only have it for jdm :cry .
btw i needa know the weight of these hoods

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
they last a long time from what i've heard..my friend crashed his car, had the hood crash into his windshield, and people beating on it...and it still lasted..he still has it =P

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
ABCsR2EZ4Me said:
Benen is another good company for hoods
Good call, forgot about that one. I'd put them between BKNW/VIS and Spoon... about on par with Fiber Images.

For weights, as I've listed so far (others feel free to add):
My Bodykits NW: 16lbs (although this one they made a little lighter for me... I know the owner :D). Normally they are about 18lbs.
VIS: 18-20lbs
Stock: 33lbs with paint

I will talk to our Invidia rep and see if he knows how much their Integra hoods weigh. None of these hoods require hood pins.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts