Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how long do you guys think it will take for the scene to produce a crvtec or lsvtec that has relibity of a b16a or b18. i belive were almost there but it has to be bulit right. i know most of you think differntly.

· Registered
113 Posts
reliability is an age old debate thats proven itself already...

everyone knows, just like anything else, if it isn't built correctly it wont be reliable, simple as that....

this has been asked many a times, and people just don't get that if you don't build it right, then of course, it will eventually breakdown.

for example, look at jayman's ls/vtec integra (daily driven for more than 2 years), randyman's b20/vtec integra, who says this:

originally posted by randyman
the "unrealiability" of the ls/vtec is way waaaay down in the dark ages. the unrealiable aspects has been fixed. all the previous ls/vtec setup back in the days had some bugs in it -- i.e. improper lines, improper installations, improper machine work that made the vtec head to be swapped to the ls block unsuccessfull, etc. the only unreliable things that i keep hearing about ls/vtecs are the ones that didn't do the job right -- leading to oil leaks here and there. even installing the headgasket wrong.

i've had and ls/vtec for 3 years back then and it was stock. stock gsr head, stock ls bottom (with 137,000 miles), gsr oil pump, ls water pump, ls timing belt. i even squeezed 55 shots of nitrous in it and it still held. no oil leaks, no nothing. just oil changes every 3000 miles.

now i have a fully built b20/vtec for almost a year now and i don't have any problems with it. the setup is just like an ls/vtec, but with more displacement, and bigger bore, and all that good stuff.

hth.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.