Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for you guys:
How low can you drop the car with out camber and tire wear problems? I dont want camber correction devices either. I am getting coilover soon for my horribly monster truck looking si and want to know how low to drop it. I want a performance drop not a scraping pavement for looks drop. Thanks

· Retired *********
4,663 Posts
If it helps, here is a pic of my car, it's dropped about 2.75-3.0 inches. As you can see tire is even with the fender, there would be about a 1.5 inch gap between the tire and fender with a 1.5 inch drop.

· Registered
385 Posts
are those 16's or 17's? what size tires do you have on there? When i had my 17's with 205-40 on them they rubbed all the time with only a 1.8 inch drop. Do you have any problems with this?

· Retired *********
4,663 Posts
The rims are Konig Toxxins 17X7 w/ +42 mm offset. The tires are 205/40/17 and I don't have a camber kit. I have noticed a little tire wear on the inside of the rear tires but since I only drove the car 3000 miles last year (1000 miles of that was going to 1 car show in May) it doesn't really bother me. The fronts will slightly rub if I hit a bump while turning a corner but it doesn't happen very often. The most important thing when picking out rims is the rim width and the offset. The OEM Si rims (in fact I think on every 4, 5, and 6 gen Civic) have a offset of +45 mm. You need to stay between +42 mm and +45 mm offset, anything more and the tire will rub on the inside of the fender or anything less and it will start to rub on the outside of the fender. Rim width is also important, you should try to stay with a 7" wide rim, anything wider and you need to stay with a +45 mm offset rim or rubbing can become excessive.

· Registered
471 Posts
i dont know if this pic helps too much, but the car is dropped with H&R sport springs. they drop 1.75 front 1.5 rear, and i didnt have any problems with camber.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.