Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is running 18s on his 4th gen Prelude. He wants to get rid of the wheels gap. I told him the Eibach Prokit would be suffient since he wants to wait on shocks. For those of you with 18s, is 1.25 in enough to take out the wheel gap? Will he rub with Sportline springs? I told him he would need shocks for Sportlines. Are the KYB AGX shocks good? They seem less expensive than Bilstein or Tokico or Koni. Is there a quality issue there?

One more question, how low can he go before he needs a camber kit? Does the namebrand make a difference. He is looking at Intrax, does anyone have experience with that company?

TIA

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
when i had 18's on my old lude i was dropped over 2 inches on stock shocks and no camber kit and it was the worst ride ever.

Now i have close to two inches with Neuspeed sport springs and KYB AGX shocks and SPC camber kit. I love my KYB's, they gave me a really nice ride for the price.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
totally depends on the offset of the wheel as well as tire size.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would it be a better idea to get Skunke2 coils so he can see how much clearance he will have? I was thinking a spring designed for a certain ride height would offer better ride/handling than one designed for a range of ride heights. Am I wrong? What kind of spring rates do the skunke2s have?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
i'd rather get ground controls than skunk2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts