Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many 99-00 Si's were produced and sold in the US?

anyone who knows, thanks, just curious!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
I heard on the board before, there were 30,000 in each color produced in the two years. Also heard that Honda didn't care to answer this question. Peace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
I've been around here a long time, often wondered it but I've never heard any conclusive numbers.

One thing is for sure, there is a lot less than there used to be. Seems they are always getting stolen or destroyed in accidents.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
604 Posts
Honda did us a favor by making these so rare... definitely keeps the resale value rediculously high :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
interesting....i never realized how few there were until i started shopping for one, and now that i own one, i don't see others driving around very often

thanks for the figures!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
15,000 Si's were produced each of the years. 5,000 of each color. 10,000 of each color exist between 99-00. I'd say at least 3,000 of them are already gone from theft and accidents, leaving 7,000 or so of each color.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,123 Posts
I still got mine "Knock on wood" I am one of the 7,000......lol\


Peace:D and it better stay that way!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
1Fast99Si said:
15,000 Si's were produced each of the years. 5,000 of each color. 10,000 of each color exist between 99-00. I'd say at least 3,000 of them are already gone from theft and accidents, leaving 7,000 or so of each color.
Those are the only#'s I have heard that seem close. I see more EBP Si's then anything else though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
PupaScoopa said:
Honda did us a favor by making these so rare... definitely keeps the resale value rediculously high :D
hell yeah..... from what i understand and i might be wrong although I have heard it from a lot of people is that 99 was a limited production (less than 30k) and in 2k it was a full release
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
yeah ill say maybe 50 Si are hey in Australia and bagde as Vti-R like my sig, as i have one of the few Si in Australia!!:D
so far i have only seen about 4 Si's in Adelaide

and mines silver VSM hehe:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
I was selling Honda's at the time and Honda said that they were producing 15,000 Si's in total. They were not out for a full 2 years. They came out in 07/99 and ended production 07/00.
I'm not exactly sure as what each number of color's were, but I know that they made way more blue than any other color.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,226 Posts
it took forever to find my milano red si, in the end i had to drive 5 hours from where i live to buy it. i think the MR si's are even more rare than the other colors...maybe its just me i dunno :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,550 Posts
howiehonda said:
hell yeah..... from what i understand and i might be wrong although I have heard it from a lot of people is that 99 was a limited production (less than 30k) and in 2k it was a full release
actually Honda only intended to make it for 99 but sales were great so they decided to continue production for one more year which is why we have 99-00 Si's now. the 2000 wasn't planned from the beginning.

15,000 were produced each year. same quantity each year
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
I don't think we will ever know.... this is another how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll type question.... besides..... don't forget all the people who liked the EBP color so much they just had to paint their other models the same color
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,242 Posts
myflysi said:
it took forever to find my milano red si, in the end i had to drive 5 hours from where i live to buy it. i think the MR si's are even more rare than the other colors...maybe its just me i dunno :cool:

I agree when I had my Si MR was the color I saw rarely I saw
one everyday but it was the same person. I have not seen a MR Si in a long time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
Sometimes i go days withiout seeing another Si. Sometimes I see two within a minute on the road. it is hit or miss. It all depends on where you live. I'd say most of the Si's are definitly in the regions near the coasts(NYC/L.I./NJ/FL./CA./TX)
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top