Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
181 - 200 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
95eclipsers said:
Btw have fun with your leaf spring rear suspension in that zo6 of yours.
Oh god......why do you have to instigate!!! Just let this thread go away already.

Honestly with a comment like the one you just posted what do you think he's gonna say?? Especially since Chevy perfected the rear leaf spring design many years ago. It works extremely well in the Corvettes and it's ultra-light. It's obvious they don't use it because they can't think of anything else. They use it because it works great in their specific application. So basically you just gave him more fuel to bash you.

Look I don't totally agree in his means of communication, however if you stay around here long enough you realize he's more like a "information bullshit meter"

1. Don't know what the hell your talking about...he slaps you
  2. Talk shit about him or his information (he's usually correct)....he slaps you harder
  3. Mind your business.....he leaves you alone

Why did you have to start up again???

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
95eclipsers said:
Wow someone finaly on my side in a Honda forum full of posers with Corevettes and caveliers.
Neat. Now you have somebody else to go through puberty with.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
jadkar said:
Oh god......why do you have to instigate!!! Just let this thread go away already.

Honestly with a comment like the one you just posted what do you think he's gonna say?? Especially since Chevy perfected the rear leaf spring design many years ago. It works extremely well in the Corvettes and it's ultra-light. It's obvious they don't use it because they can't think of anything else. They use it because it works great in their specific application. So basically you just gave him more fuel to bash you.

Look I don't totally agree in his means of communication, however if you stay around here long enough you realize he's more like a "information bullshit meter"

1. Don't know what the hell your talking about...he slaps you
  2. Talk shit about him or his information (he's usually correct)....he slaps you harder
  3. Mind your business.....he leaves you alone

Why did you have to start up again???
Rotfl thats great Rep! :lmao

im still taking your Crx for general principal when your not looking :ninja

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
95eclipsers said:
wow you guys are a bunch of mutants have fun in your grocery getter's.....
You just told a guy with a ~1000 hp Supra, a guy with a ~450 hp Z06, and a previous owner of a '98 NSX that they are "mutants". All of them, BTW, have positive reps in the thousands (which is a direct result of them having a fucking clue)... while you are well into the red.

Every time I think to myself "Man, that ignorant motherfucker couldn't say something more retarded", you prove me wrong. At this point, I am fairly sure that a bag full of pencil shavings would double your score on an IQ test.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Nathan123 said:
You just told a guy with a ~1000 hp Supra, a guy with a ~450 hp Z06, and a previous owner of a '98 NSX that they are "mutants". All of them, BTW, have positive reps in the thousands (which is a direct result of them having a fucking clue)... while you are well into the red.

Every time I think to myself "Man, that ignorant motherfucker couldn't say something more retarded", you prove me wrong. At this point, I am fairly sure that a bag full of pencil shavings would double your score on an IQ test.
well as for the reps, a few hours on sextopic and your hooked up...as long as you have the hook up

/teh lock

·
Registered
593 Posts
wow.

heres my opinion.

The NSX and Vette are each great in their own ways.

I would take the NSX over the Vette (assuming i had enough money for either) because there are a couple important factors to me that have nothing to do with power.
I am comparing a 2005 Acura NSX to a 2005 Chevy Corvette. both 6spds.

Interior Fit & Finish
Exterior Fit & Finish
Cabin Noise Levels both at idle and WOT
Luxury
Daily Reliability
Safety
Resale Value
Warranty
HID's

I am a special individual. I seem to be one of the few that enjoys racing, but not at the loss of my comforts. If I'm paying that much for a car, it better do everything except pay my bills.

Now I am not "ripping or bashing" on the Vette. Its easier to come by and has more power. However, i prefer luxury and well built cars, rather than raw power. Most American's don't.

Then again, i drive an insight daily.

Lets keep this thread open, but take the negative thrashing to a minimum. It has some very good information.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
^^^^

Very good post, I see your points and you weren't bashing at all.

I'll add a little summary of my own opinion of the two cars. Hopefully Nathan approves :) I have to start at the beginning though and work my way forward (this may be long).

I'm speaking from direct experience and I can confidently say I'm probably one of the biggest NSX fans on this forum. I've followed that car since Honda whispered about it's development in the late 80's (I was in 9th grade). I worked at several different Honda / Acura dealers. Conversely, my father was a Chevy sales manager for a long while and I've been around Vettes and the like for a good part of my childhood.

With that said, the NSX completely rocked the world when it was introduced. I could string out so many points that many of you have never heard of and bore you all to death. BUT, the bottom line is it's not 1991 anymore. It kills me to see what Honda did (or didn't do) to the NSX and I'm almost happy to see it go. Honda should be ashamed at the fact that it designed a car so superior to it's rivals and then let it become stale and underpowered while the competition "matured". The last year I would say the NSX was competitive was 1997. I was working for Porsche at the time and the car was still basically on par with the 993 (non-turbo). Once the 996 and the newer C5s came out the NSX had completely lost it's performance edge. All my last remarks were in regards to performance and there are people who would differ with me.... let them, I've been around more NSXs then anyone on this forum (I'm fairly certain that's a fact) and I've run with plenty of Vettes in my own NSX. Just recently I remember arguing with a NSX member at Limerock about the NSX versus a C5 Z06. My point was that there is no way on a performance standpoint that a 2nd gen. NSX could stay with a Z06. He argued with me tooth and nail, but when you look at the figures it's simple. The Z06 has far more HP and it's just about the same weight!! It's better in every performance category! Now, I will also tell you that if you throw me in a NSX and your average driver in a Z06 I will easily stay with him, or pass him. That's for a different reason though, the NSX is extremely easy to drive, numbers don't do the car any justice because it's simple for a driver to extract 90-95% from it. A Z06 on the other hand has a higher performance envelope, but it takes a more skilled driver to reach those levels. This is why I have photos of NSXs passing Z06s on the front straight on WGI, not because the NSX is faster it's because some of the Z06 drivers suck ass. I tell this same story every time I get into this argument, the Z06 is faster, but on a back country road the NSX will probably stay with it because it's so easy to drive fast. It's so easy that I can't even describe it in words.

So after all of that, it kills me to see what happened to that car. Honda did it such an injustice. I'm sick of hearing how Honda was losing money and they couldn't afford to upgrade the car. If that's the case they should have ended it's production and let it go admirably. Then I would have to sit here and defend it every other day on friggn' STi forums.

Now, why is it a great car still....

1) Fit and finish is second to none. I've had mine apart, it's insane!! the build quality is something to marvel at....seriously!!

2) It's super comfortable, sure some of you say you don't care. However, you would if you drove as much as I did. I took my NSX to Florida from New Jersey and I can say it was one of the most comfortable cars I've ever made the trip in (tie with my 04' TL).

3) It's all aluminum. Hell, I'm buying another one almost for this fact alone. Many of you know I like to hold on to my cars :) The NSX will NEVER rust. The entire car is Al. Even the damn jack they give you to change the tire is aluminum. Take a look at some of the 1991 NSXs, they look brand new, no shit!! After spending 38K restoring a CRX it's a shame to think I'll have to put it back in the shop in 10 years because it's rusting again, plus when I do I'll never find a JDM front end again. That sucks!!

4) There's not many around. I had the only NSX in my county (and I live in Jersey!!) I've seen more Ferraris on the road then NSXs. To some this doesn't matter, but I loved it. I don't like to blend, and I also don't like to stand out like a sore thumb. For this the NSX was perfect it didn't scream look at me, but it demanded respect. Even the pure haters look when they see an NSX, why? because they forget how cool they look (although they usually never admit it).

5) Reliability, I don't know how many people here have had a Ferrari, but until the 360 Modena they were called "engine out cars". What that means is when you need to do a major service the engine needs to come out and that's huge $$$$. You may say who cares, if you own one you can afford it, that's very wrong. The NSX is a Honda at heart, it's so easy to work on and after a hard day at the track she still idles and runs smoothly on the highway home, always composed, always ready to go to Blockbuster and pick up some movies :) I drove my NSX 35,000 miles in the 2 years I owned it and I had absolutely zero problems with it, and let me tell you they were HARD miles. I abused the shit out of that car, and she loved it!!

6) They're one of a kind, born to be a classic. If you pick one up now (they're getting cheaper) they will be worth something one day. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Hemi Dodges are pulling big bucks these days and do you know how many were out in the 60's?? Now imagine a car that only sold around 200 per year over it's life.... do the math. and remember all aluminum, they're going to last!!

I don't know what else to say, I'm gonna end up with pages, so I'll just stop now.

In closing you can't compare these two cars, you just can't so people should just stop. The NSX is in a league of it's own, and I'm not saying to the Vette. I mean to the Ferrari, Porsche, Lotus, Vette, CRX, and EVERYTHING else!!! It will always be a car that redefined what an exotic car SHOULD be and it changed the sports car forever. The Italians finally realized that the days of making unreliable shit boxes were long over and Japan is gonna start wiping their asses with prancing horses if they don't shape up.....and they did. Ferrari started making better, faster, more reliable cars and what did Honda do......... nothing!! Damn Honda, the NSX should have had a V10 long ago!!

Kar and I will forever miss Eileen.......

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
jadkar said:
With that said, the NSX completely rocked the world when it was introduced. I could string out so many points that many of you have never heard of and bore you all to death. BUT, the bottom line is it's not 1991 anymore. It kills me to see what Honda did (or didn't do) to the NSX and I'm almost happy to see it go. Honda should be ashamed at the fact that it designed a car so superior to it's rivals and then let it become stale and underpowered while the competition "matured". The last year I would say the NSX was competitive was 1997. I was working for Porsche at the time and the car was still basically on par with the 993 (non-turbo). Once the 996 and the newer C5s came out the NSX had completely lost it's performance edge. All my last remarks were in regards to performance and there are people who would differ with me.... let them, I've been around more NSXs then anyone on this forum (I'm fairly certain that's a fact) and I've run with plenty of Vettes in my own NSX. Just recently I remember arguing with a NSX member at Limerock about the NSX versus a C5 Z06. My point was that there is no way on a performance standpoint that a 2nd gen. NSX could stay with a Z06. He argued with me tooth and nail, but when you look at the figures it's simple. The Z06 has far more HP and it's just about the same weight!! It's better in every performance category! Now, I will also tell you that if you throw me in a NSX and your average driver in a Z06 I will easily stay with him, or pass him. That's for a different reason though, the NSX is extremely easy to drive, numbers don't do the car any justice because it's simple for a driver to extract 90-95% from it. A Z06 on the other hand has a higher performance envelope, but it takes a more skilled driver to reach those levels. This is why I have photos of NSXs passing Z06s on the front straight on WGI, not because the NSX is faster it's because some of the Z06 drivers suck ass. I tell this same story every time I get into this argument, the Z06 is faster, but on a back country road the NSX will probably stay with it because it's so easy to drive fast. It's so easy that I can't even describe it in words.
SO true. Couldn't have said it better myself (altough I do think I've hit most of those points in some previous posts), and I'm glad somebody with that much NSX experience agrees with me. ESPECIALLY about how amazingly easy that car is to drive fast. I, however, am one who can appreciate the challenge of taming a 400+ whp beast in the curves (hence my choice of cars). ;)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
jadkar said:
^^^^

The last year I would say the NSX was competitive was 1997. I was working for Porsche at the time and the car was still basically on par with the 993 (non-turbo).
the nsx is still a beast, no it can't stay with competitors in its class, its still a great car. from your post i realized something, the nsx chassis lasted 7-8 years! one chassis that ruled for that long is an engineering marvel.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
yoshidoshi123 said:
the nsx is still a beast, no it can't stay with competitors in its class, its still a great car. from your post i realized something, the nsx chassis lasted 7-8 years! one chassis that ruled for that long is an engineering marvel.
First the NSX is not and never was a beast. If the NSX is "Still a beast" then why is it that "it can't stay with competitors in its class"? If you're trying to say that the NSX is a great car then yes, most of us here will agree with you. However, nobody here will agree that this car is a or ever was a "beast". A beast is something like the Mosler MT900S or the new Vette Z06. The NSX is a scalple and they are chainsaws. One rips the other slices. Just depends on your driving style as to what suits you.
Second the NSX chassis did last 7 - 8 years but it did not "rule" it was "good" and "ahead of its time", but it did not "rule" that entire time. In fact when it first came out the suspension was some what soft for the cars it was competing with. There were serious efforts throughout its life to stiffen the suspension while not compromising the ride quality. They succeeded. Unfortunately by that time the car was old technology and has only become older.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You drive a sentra kid, go home to mommy and stop whining becuase you will never own one of the cars you speak about and probably never have even rid in any of the cars. I sure as hell know youve never driven and nsx and probably not a vette either. So I dont think anyone really cares about you take on the whole situation. Atleast nathan has some experience and can shed somewhat of a light. :bash

btw if you want to learn somthing pic of any magazine that isnt hotrod classics. lol. Any look at the #1 rated sports car in 8/10 of those mags. Ahhemm

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
95eclipsers said:
You drive a sentra kid, go home to mommy and stop whining becuase you will never own one of the cars you speak about and probably never have even rid in any of the cars. I sure as hell know youve never driven and nsx and probably not a vette either. So I dont think anyone really cares about you take on the whole situation. Atleast nathan has some experience and can shed somewhat of a light. :bash

btw if you want to learn somthing pic of any magazine that isnt hotrod classics. lol. Any look at the #1 rated sports car in 8/10 of those mags. Ahhemm
Who, exactly, is it that you're calling kid? I happen to be proud of my sentra, thank you very much. Take your hate filled persona bashing comments and go somewhere else. I was talking about the situation. You, however, seem to be transfixed on bashing people.

·
Registered
783 Posts
jadkar said:
^^^^

Very good post, I see your points and you weren't bashing at all.

I'll add a little summary of my own opinion of the two cars. Hopefully Nathan approves :) I have to start at the beginning though and work my way forward (this may be long).

I'm speaking from direct experience and I can confidently say I'm probably one of the biggest NSX fans on this forum. I've followed that car since Honda whispered about it's development in the late 80's (I was in 9th grade). I worked at several different Honda / Acura dealers. Conversely, my father was a Chevy sales manager for a long while and I've been around Vettes and the like for a good part of my childhood.

So after all of that, it kills me to see what happened to that car. Honda did it such an injustice. I'm sick of hearing how Honda was losing money and they couldn't afford to upgrade the car. If that's the case they should have ended it's production and let it go admirably. Then I would have to sit here and defend it every other day on friggn' STi forums.

Now, why is it a great car still....

1) Fit and finish is second to none. I've had mine apart, it's insane!! the build quality is something to marvel at....seriously!!

2) It's super comfortable, sure some of you say you don't care. However, you would if you drove as much as I did. I took my NSX to Florida from New Jersey and I can say it was one of the most comfortable cars I've ever made the trip in (tie with my 04' TL).

3) It's all aluminum. Hell, I'm buying another one almost for this fact alone. Many of you know I like to hold on to my cars :) The NSX will NEVER rust. The entire car is Al. Even the damn jack they give you to change the tire is aluminum. Take a look at some of the 1991 NSXs, they look brand new, no shit!! After spending 38K restoring a CRX it's a shame to think I'll have to put it back in the shop in 10 years because it's rusting again, plus when I do I'll never find a JDM front end again. That sucks!!

4) There's not many around. I had the only NSX in my county (and I live in Jersey!!) I've seen more Ferraris on the road then NSXs. To some this doesn't matter, but I loved it. I don't like to blend, and I also don't like to stand out like a sore thumb. For this the NSX was perfect it didn't scream look at me, but it demanded respect. Even the pure haters look when they see an NSX, why? because they forget how cool they look (although they usually never admit it).

5) Reliability, I don't know how many people here have had a Ferrari, but until the 360 Modena they were called "engine out cars". What that means is when you need to do a major service the engine needs to come out and that's huge $$$$. You may say who cares, if you own one you can afford it, that's very wrong. The NSX is a Honda at heart, it's so easy to work on and after a hard day at the track she still idles and runs smoothly on the highway home, always composed, always ready to go to Blockbuster and pick up some movies :) I drove my NSX 35,000 miles in the 2 years I owned it and I had absolutely zero problems with it, and let me tell you they were HARD miles. I abused the shit out of that car, and she loved it!!

6) They're one of a kind, born to be a classic. If you pick one up now (they're getting cheaper) they will be worth something one day. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Hemi Dodges are pulling big bucks these days and do you know how many were out in the 60's?? Now imagine a car that only sold around 200 per year over it's life.... do the math. and remember all aluminum, they're going to last!!

I don't know what else to say, I'm gonna end up with pages, so I'll just stop now.

In closing you can't compare these two cars, you just can't so people should just stop. The NSX is in a league of it's own, and I'm not saying to the Vette. I mean to the Ferrari, Porsche, Lotus, Vette, CRX, and EVERYTHING else!!! It will always be a car that redefined what an exotic car SHOULD be and it changed the sports car forever. The Italians finally realized that the days of making unreliable shit boxes were long over and Japan is gonna start wiping their asses with prancing horses if they don't shape up.....and they did. Ferrari started making better, faster, more reliable cars and what did Honda do......... nothing!! Damn Honda, the NSX should have had a V10 long ago!!

QUOTE]
I've never herd anything like that before. :cry That can move someone. :cry :cry

181 - 200 of 223 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.