Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this is a stupid question, for give me;

FMAX Turbo kit, you get 2 injectors with it, do you replace these with 2 stock 1s or have 6 injectors?? Again, forgive me if its a stupid question...

Cheers Brit Boy Arista

·
Registered
153 Posts
ya. I think those are extra injectors. Its a crude hack to get more fuel by using 6 regular injectors instead of using 4 larger injectors.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
I know the edelbrock kit is the same way, but their kit comes with the Victor X Intake Manifold, which has two spots on the bottom for extra injectors.

I say fuck it and go Hondata.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well with the FMAX kit, comes a "Additional Injector Controller". So Ill have 6 injectors!! :eek: Im not sure where they'll go, thats what Im worried about, My car will be using Hondata too...

Arista

·
Registered
82 Posts
F-MAX supplies two additional 440cc injectors that fit into their intake pipe right before the throttle body. AKA TBI (Throttle Body Injection). The ERL MF2 reads boost/rpm/and throttle position and injects fuel accordingly. While not in boost, your stock computer coltrolls your stock injectors. The MF2 only adds fuel while under boost. Some people claim that this is a crude way of supplying fuel to a boosted motor. Others claim that the TBI mixes perfectly with the pressurized air and gives your intake charge a cooler mix. Personally, I think it works fine...although I have upgraded to 4 single 550cc injectors and a AEM EMS.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for the replies guys, What 'Bottoz' says he's done by changin the stock 1s sounds sensible, cheers again! :tu2:

Arista

·
Registered
82 Posts
acuradriva said:
does cheers mean thanks?

Even with Honda you will need to use bigger injectors. Unless you want to use a fmu.
Um, no. Thats the whole point of the ERL MF2...to provide extra fuel. You could think of it like this. 240cc is stock injector size. You have 4 injectors. 240cc x 4 = 960. F-Max adds 2 440cc Injectors. 960 + 880 = 1840. 1840 / 4 = 460. So, theoreticly its like having 460cc injectors. Thats plenty of fuel for your beginner turbo setup.

and Cheers = Thanks/goodbye.

Cheers M8's

·
Registered
82 Posts
Arista said:
Well with the FMAX kit, comes a "Additional Injector Controller". So Ill have 6 injectors!! :eek: Im not sure where they'll go, thats what Im worried about, My car will be using Hondata too...

Arista
Woah, one of the main reason people chose F-Max is because of the MF2 fuel management it includes. If you are getting a Hondata, then there is no need for the MF2 fuel controller. Maybe you could tell them to keep the MF2 and the additional injectors and buy your own set of 4 injectors. Have the Hondata manage your fuel, not the MF2.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right, didnt think that they let me pick @ what there offerin in the kit if you know what I mean, Im goin for the FMAX kit coz its @ a good price. Ill have words, cheers....

Arista

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, cheers means thanks :) So what size injectors would you advise me to get instead of stock if Im using Hondata?

Thanks/cheers :p Arista

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Bottoz said:
Um, no. Thats the whole point of the ERL MF2...to provide extra fuel. You could think of it like this. 240cc is stock injector size. You have 4 injectors. 240cc x 4 = 960. F-Max adds 2 440cc Injectors. 960 + 880 = 1840. 1840 / 4 = 460. So, theoreticly its like having 460cc injectors. Thats plenty of fuel for your beginner turbo setup.

and Cheers = Thanks/goodbye.

Cheers M8's
yea and more injectors is basiaclly the same as bigger ones.

·
Registered
172 Posts
aditional injectors and the mf2 are junk, no better than a fmu. if you have hondata then why are you even considering this? get some 440's or 550 cc injectors and throw that mf2 away

1 - 15 of 15 Posts