Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm talking to a vendor in getting some Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, but I'm confused.

He quoted me $100 for 4 lines. I have rear discs. So I thought I'd need 6 lines as my vendor states on their web page. Plus their cost is supposed to be around $150 for Hondas with rear discs. His response was: Goodridge makes 4 line kits or sometimes 6 line kits. I'm really confused. Before I ask him to clarify, can you just tell me?

As you can see in my sig, I have a 2000 Honda Accord EX (meaning I have rear discs) I4 Coupe. Do I need 4 or 6 lines? Do you V6 people use 6 lines or 4? I hope I can clarify this so I can buy/not buy the kit from this vendor. Thanks!

· Registered
685 Posts
Do you know why they need 6? Then why the heck are we charged for $150 and supposedly need 6 lines instead of 4?

It's weird. On some other vendor's web sites, they have same pricing whether the car has rear discs or rear drums.

So cars with rear drums only use 2 lines then?

Thanks, Mikey. I'll crack open the service manual and look at it more carefully.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yo, I talked to Lightening Motorsports and they said the kit for the Accord with rear discs are 6 line kits.

Did you guys notice an extra rubber line in your rear brakes that the Goodridge kit didn't have lines for? The guy at Lightening told me the rear lines were 6 in. and 10 in. long. I'm going to take a look at my rear brakes to see/confirm myself.

I'll let you guys know. This is one confusing mess. I don't think I'll be ordering the 4 line kit if I'm gonna end up leaving 2 rubber lines intact. Cuz that's missing the point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.