Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many miles until you have to change the transmission fluid in a 96 Automatic Integra? And how many quarts does it take to fill it up? Thanks

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
i just change it about ever 3 oil changes.. about 9k-10k miles...

it probably takes about 3.5 quarts

·
Registered
784 Posts
according to acura, you should chage it every at 60,000, and every 30,000 after that.
but they also tell you to change your oil every 7,500 miles, and i change mine every 3.
i would chage it at 30,000 and every 10-15,000 after that.
i also heard that swapping with synthetic will make your tranny last a lot longer, and actually trims some time off your quarter mile.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now I understand when to change my transmission fluid, but some of you are saying that it's very cheap. I was a Mobile getting an Oil Change and he told me that a transmission flush and refill is going to be $125. And I have a coupon to this one place that does it for $69.99. How come it's so expensive when some people say it's very cheap?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
when u drain and fill the tranny fluid, you're only taking (i think) about 2/3 of it out. 1/3 of the old fluid is still in the tranny or torque converter and can't be taken out w/o flushing the tranny. the cost of the fluid itself is relatively cheap. it's the cost of flushing out all the old fluid that costs more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts