Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jus wondering if any of you are getting sick of your civic or want a new car....

·
Registered
300 Posts
i like my car and everything.. but if my car ever gets stolen or wrecked.. i'm definitely gonna try to get an 89-93 ( i think) nissan 240sx fastback and swap in an SR20.. thats my dream right now.. rear wheel drive!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
i'll be selling mine eventually, hopefully gonna save up and get something nicer in the spring or there abouts. But who knows? may end up as another honda:)

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm definatly sick of my Civic...while it's a fun car to drive and I'm almost certain it would be even funner with a swap I just don't have the funding to continue the project. I think if my car was to get stolen or totaled I'd be able to get a nicer and faster car, I'd probably shoot for a Sentra Spec-V or if I had a good job at the time a late model Mustang GT. I doubt I'd ever return to Honda in the future....they are wonderful first cars, fun to drive and even funner to work on, but sometimes ya just have to move on :D

·
Registered
585 Posts
right nw imlooking at buyig my friends accord 5 grand and it has 18full apexi setup and a nice drop

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I can't move on from Honda....... *tears in eyes*..... I dont own one. :p

I'm hopin for either GTI 1.8t next year or ITR... Either way here I come!

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
same of y'all are in the same boat as me i'm sick of my car... its seems though unless i spend loads of money that i don't have my car will always be slow. I don't think hondas are worth the speed you get for the dollar.... i'm thinking of getting an older eclipse awd or a 240sx...

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I am thinking of waiting to see what honda comes out with to replace the prelude....I dunno..I'll keep my car for a while still

·
Registered
511 Posts
BLASPHAMY

and why would u want the new 7series they are plauged with electronic problems with the I-Drive, it was rushed into production without really testing it..and the I-Drive has a fucking TEXTBOOK just to itself..the car has another one

·
Registered
660 Posts
yeah i'm gonna sell it, but i'm gonna get other civic again.

·
Registered
153 Posts
it runs good still, looks great, and i still enjoy it, but i'd bet as soon as i pay it off, ill want something...but for now it will remain

·
Registered
396 Posts
selling the 4-door EX my parents bought when i was in high school.... just bought my first car (below). yes there are faster cars, not many that handle better (once the wheel/tire issue has been addressed), and there definitely arent many cars out there that are more fun to drive.
oh, thaseint: if you're thinking of a sentra se-r spec V, take a look at the interior.... that'll discourage you. :D just to put my .02 in on the 1.8t GTI as well.... while VW says there's supposed to be no turbo lag at all, the first one i drove had no power at all before 4000 rpm... and i do mean NO power.
p.s. - i love my car and am extremely biased

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
i want ot get rid of mine..but i won't or atleast i wont get much money for it...considering my front rad support is mangled and the frame is a little bent...its ok though imma run this civic hx till it dies..then i dunno imma prolly still stay honda though!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
i'm gettin' tired of mine already

yeah sounds like people are getting tired of their civ's...face it people we got an econocar...i miss drivin' that 98 accord...i went from a 99 si to a 98 accord sedan lx...to a 99 ex...i'm keeping my car for a while even though i just got it this past april...i wished i had more money to get something funner like a wrx or a gsr AT LEAST... but if worse comes to worse i'll get another honda...

·
Registered
511 Posts
1 point 6 said:
yeah im jumpin ship, 9 years and 5 hybrids later. Ive always played around with minitrucks and pretty much had one since i was 13. So after winter im going to buy another S10 and ditch imports for a long time. Return to my roots!

or if i dont find a clean enough S10 there is VW idea floating in the back of my mind, or something with luxury. I dunno, i never stop thinking of another project id like to do. All i know is around february there will not be a car with a H on the hood in my driveway.
u wont be 1 point 6 anymore ull be like 5 point 4 or soemthing

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
i don't think i'm ever gonna get rid of my civic... not if i don't have to... i would like to get another car, though... actually, i've already got my next two cars planned out... my next one is gonna be a 89-91 civic hatchback with a vitesse body conversion (see www.vitessesportscar.com) and my 3rd is gonna be a 92-95 si hatchback. . . although i really wouldn't mind an audi S3 (yes, es three) or a pug (peugeot) 207 (i know they're still not out yet, but the concept looks HOT!!)

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
D16Y8mike said:
just to put my .02 in on the 1.8t GTI as well.... while VW says there's supposed to be no turbo lag at all, the first one i drove had no power at all before 4000 rpm... and i do mean NO power.
p.s. - i love my car and am extremely biased
What are you talking about??? I test drove both the 2002 1.8T, and the brand new 200hp VR6.. They both pulled a HELL of a lot harder than my Honda.. And I actually thought the 1.8T was responsive.. I found it actually had torque down low.. The numbers are like 174lb-ft @ 1950-5500rpm or something like that..

Anyway, I'm on my 2nd Civic now.. I love it, but after this is paid off in a few years, I wanna try and pick up an S2K or maybe some sort of VW or Audi.. or depending on the looks/specs of the WRX by that time, maybe one of those.. Who knows.. :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
last month i gave my 00 civic ex to my brother and i bought an 02 rsx-s...im stickin with honda/acura, i am actually plannin on pickin up the new nsx's comin next year...but maybe after a couple years after i pay off the rsx-s, though i did get kinda sick of my civic i only wish it was an si, coz the ex was slow...daym...my 2 cents...payce...

·
Registered
511 Posts
you have too much money.....dude anfrey those kits are so g'damn HOT!! i lvoe it.. iwasl ike what car was that ?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts