·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a stock integra? does your lights dim? thanks

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
could u be more specific? are u talking about the bulb wattage? does the light dim when u turn it on? or does it dim when u start the car? does the lights dim when u press on the gas and quickly let it go?

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
iam asking about how many watts as in audio wattage.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
1200mk said:
iam asking about how many watts as in audio wattage.
ahh. i see.

p.s.
i'll just go ahead and move this to the "electronics" forum to get better answer/s to ur question/s.

·
Registered
170 Posts
1500 watts

if u r lights r dimming then just get a cap. or a better altenator.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
i'm running 410 watts RMS and get no dimming. on the other hand, my friend is running 300 watts RMS and it dims a lot.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I have a Audiobahn a2300hcx, Even though people doubt this amp and says that it blows, it hasnt for me and it does put out 2400 and more if you give it the right voltage which is 14.4 and my system runs at a 14.3. I have 2 optima yellow top batterys to aid in the power and it helps alot but my alts going out and im bout to upgrade to a rewound higher amp alternator. My lights dont dim at all but its getting there once in a while if I drive around a long time and when I have my system up. Im about to get some components up front (I have a set of polk momos thats been sitting here for 6 months because im too lazy to make kicks). Also im about to get another 15" woofer and im aiming towards the hifonics colossus amp next.

·
Registered
424 Posts
my amp can do 2400wrms easy but my electrical system cant suport it...... the class i compete in only alwos for stock batt location and stock alt...... i am still doin 151db with 2 12"S and i just got new subs and made a new box...... i thinkin 153, 55 db..

and i can shut my car off if im at idle and i durp it :)

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
What amp are you running 71 mgb? Im currently a litle bit below the 151 mark and im trying to edge out a few more dbs. I dont think I can do it without another driver. Competing with one driver sucks when the class your in allows for 2 or more haha.

·
Registered
424 Posts
SpeedxRacer said:
What amp are you running 71 mgb? Im currently a litle bit below the 151 mark and im trying to edge out a few more dbs. I dont think I can do it without another driver. Competing with one driver sucks when the class your in allows for 2 or more haha.
i have a earthquake ph-d2..... i willl let u in on a secret that gained me atleast 1.5 db...... rw audio line driver, if u want more info i can help ya........ what are u running..... amp, sub, batt, everything.......... i can do a 150 flat with 1 of my old 12's i have new ones that will be louder :)

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
71 mgb said:
i have a earthquake ph-d2..... i willl let u in on a secret that gained me atleast 1.5 db...... rw audio line driver, if u want more info i can help ya........ what are u running..... amp, sub, batt, everything.......... i can do a 150 flat with 1 of my old 12's i have new ones that will be louder :)
how much is the line driver and how many voltage does it send out? i can get an audio control line driver that puts out 3 different voltage for only $30. 2v, 5v, and 7v. ! i'm currently hittin 140.3dB with 2 10" pioneer and a profile 600MSX (i know..but i did good on the install:D ) the bad thing is that i'm only sending 1.7volts to the amp. and i have two amps. i ran a splitter so both amps gets the same preout signal. only if clarion had more voltage:( looking to hit around 142dB though...:)

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Ive asked about line drivers but alot of people say that will send my amp into clipping. And ahh the D2 lol so infamous for SPL. This is what im running

1 A2300hcx
1 15"titanium
2 optima yellow tops
soon to be 130 amp alt
pioneer deh730 premier for that 4v out

Im trying to do a little bit more with what I have. Prety soon im going to build another box because the one I have is breaking apart. My whole trunks dynamated and yes I have a trunk and I wish I had a hatch. I think thats hurting my spl also but I love being the underdog beating the rest. Ill look into a line driver pretty soon then. How much volts are u running?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.