Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Banned
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 01 Lude, that I'm very happy with. But I also looooove the s2000. I heard the insurance is cheaper for the s2000 then for the lude? what do you guys think. I got my car 4 mos ago for 21,195... Car payment is 500, insurance is 240... :eek: thinking about the s2000 for the next choice... there perty!;)

· Registered
100 Posts
No payments on the car, but I doubt that you would find insuance cheaper on a S2000 then a Prelude given that all the coverage is the same. It was $30/more a month for mine over what I had gotten a quote on a Prelude.

· Registered
14 Posts
i bought the car, for 34,000 that was after negoiation believe it or not. Stick price for it was 39,650. marked up 6,000 because of market value. It also came bone stock man. It will go through a little modifaction (s) including, Comptech supercharger intake imported Jasma Header and Exhaust and intercooler, Honda lip kit, Rims, Veilside wing , Custom stereo, Brakes, Suspension, and 3 piece rims.

· Registered
30 Posts
Yeah I got mine for 33K because I played a few tricks with the dealer. First I got a quote through e-mail. Second, I went to go look at the car but didn't buy it or show any interest. Third, they came back to me with 33K. Now that is close to MSRP. My invoice says 37K because that is the market value. We both won on this deal. They profitted 3K I bypassed the 10K markup. Anyone went below MSRP yet for a 2002? If so, you got skills heh heh.

· Registered
2,168 Posts
At my dealership they start out at 35, 500 and work their way down from there. The suzuka blue is hard to negotiate with because the color is new. Other colors are easy to get down to msrp. Lowest i have seen them go at my dealership was 30,500 with the wing already installed. That was on the last day of the month and they were a little slow on sales. Invoice for a S2000 is like 28,700.......MSRP w/shipping and handling is 32,840. I love those damn things...:cool: :D :cool:

· Registered
10 Posts
got mine for msrp. no problems. called them up and told them i wanted to testdrive one and they told me they had one in the showroom. went over. test drove the car and got it leased. 550 a month. no down payment. option to buy out.

· Registered
83 Posts
Insurance depends on the age and record of the driver.
Lucky for me, I have emergency vehicles operations licence, so mine is a bit lower.
At my dealer they start at like 32k.
I was wondering how much it costs you guys to fill the gas tank...full, 1/2 tank, 1/4 tank...thanks.

· Registered
83 Posts
I'm 26 and I live in DALLAS,TX

I bought my 02 [email protected] (32,840)

I saved up for 1 year and came up with 12,000 dollar downpayment. (NO i'm not rich, I just work my sss hard for my $$$)

I have average credit and I'm currently paying 474/month for 5 years and 1050/year for insurance(Traveler's...Multi car package)
Insurance is so cheap cuz it's a 4 banger (even though it's a convertible and it's a sports car)

I was offered $300 off MSRP from one of the dealer in Dallas
but I passed (not the color I wanted)

· Registered
49 Posts
WOW, seriously cheaper insurance?

So insurance companies do not see the S2000 in the sports car class when doing insurance???

I don't understand how it could be lower then prelude insurance?

I'm 16 and drive a honda civic hb 95 cx (fucking 70 hp) and my insurance in like 1,200 to 1,400 a year.

After reading through the new consumer reports mag and finding out even more about the S2000, i'm really beginning to like it.

Anyone have anything to say about insurance?

· Registered
2,575 Posts
scarface, like someone else mentioned it before, the reason why the insurance is high is because of age, driving record, and the type of car.

im 18, with an integra, and i pay $1000+/yearly

they said that because im this xx age, and driving a sports car, that will be taken into account, also the type of coverage that you want for that car has to be added to the equation, so it varies.

· Registered
26 Posts
wow seems like you guys are getting robbed on leases!
I just got a quote from Andreas at Route23honda.com for $430/mo 15k/yr $0 down 36mos. They have a yellow, silver, and back i think he said. MY02 by the way, new.

Ive decided to wait though, to try to gather up some morey money to put down and finance it.

· Registered
1,104 Posts
I paid for my S2k in full by bank cheque. I walked into the show room, took it for a test drive, swung by the bank on the way back and 4 hours later had my dream car underneath my butt :)

You should have seen the look on the finance girl's face, when she asked "Are you arranging your own finance or are you going through us?" And I replied "I'd like to pay for it in cash"... I was 21 years old and wearing a snoopy t-shirt on that day :)

Insurance on the other hand was an issue. Approx $2500US for an Under 25 year old male sports car driver, with zero no claim bonus. I elected not to take insurance. Adding up the damange from the minor fender benders I've had the last 3 years, I'm now about $2000US ahead... So I guess Insurers have really got me picked for the risk, huh?! (would have paid $7500 in premiums, done just over $5000 in damage)

Ken.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.