Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my civic recently got rear ended by a soccer mom. The dent is very deep and stretches down the whole quarter panel. I do not have the money to pay someone to do it so i am going to do it myself. I dont have any metal working experience so the plan is to just cover everything in bondo. How much bondo do i need for something like this so that i do not have to keep on running back and forth to wall mart for more. I need to get this done fast because im getting tired of driving my boring rusted out truck everywhere. If you want i can take pictures of the damage.

Thanks,
Raul

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
domscivic said:
holy fuck man!!!

you cant bondo that.. the frames waaaaayyy to bent

it would cost you more than the car to fix that

EDIT: if she ran into you, shouldnt she be paying for it?
It was a hit and run. Stupid bitch woman. If i piled on enough bondo i could probably make the body look the same. and im sure that a bent frame wont cause to much trouble.

thanks,
raul

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
domscivic said:
im tellin you man,

bondo is for dents
your back end is crushed

look at where your gas tank door sits now.. bondo cant relocate that
Alright thank you for your opinion. What if i found a donor car and cut the rear off of it and then pop rivited it on?

thanks,
raul

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
domscivic said:
thats gunna be your best bet but its still gunna be rough with that frame

good luck man
COOL. maybe i would be better to scrap the car because it isnt worth much anyways.

thanks,
raul

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can get fibreglas reinforced bondo now. MUCH stronger than it used to be. Here's what ya do.

Build a wood frame roughly to the shape of the body. USE screws NOT nails. REMEMBER this is a car! Vibration will loosen nails up!

better yet, use drywall screws. Oh, and yellow glue, not the white shit.

AFTER you give it at least 24 hours to set up, use a glas kit. Soak the cloth well and do a basic layer. Double this and it'll be real strong. That's how they fix Vettes.

Okay? Now add FIBERGLASS reinforced bondo. I'd say buy two cases of 24 cans each. You'll get a deal this way.

Don't forget to pop the tail lights, etc in place before it sets up.

Paint it, (I suggest flat black with red rims) and maybe sell it before you hit a speed bump!

Thanks.

Kiplove.

I sinfcerely hope this may prove to be helpful.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TheAnarkist said:
You can get fibreglas reinforced bondo now. MUCH stronger than it used to be. Here's what ya do.

Build a wood frame roughly to the shape of the body. USE screws NOT nails. REMEMBER this is a car! Vibration will loosen nails up!

better yet, use drywall screws. Oh, and yellow glue, not the white shit.

AFTER you give it at least 24 hours to set up, use a glas kit. Soak the cloth well and do a basic layer. Double this and it'll be real strong. That's how they fix Vettes.

Okay? Now add FIBERGLASS reinforced bondo. I'd say buy two cases of 24 cans each. You'll get a deal this way.

Don't forget to pop the tail lights, etc in place before it sets up.

Paint it, (I suggest flat black with red rims) and maybe sell it before you hit a speed bump!

Thanks.

Kiplove.

I sinfcerely hope this may prove to be helpful.

thanks so much. i appreciate the heck out of it

thanks,
raul

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
riceboy89 said:
im sure that dent will just buff right out

:hehe

seriously that dents no match for bondo.
i will show you all. i will have pictures of the finished product posted here by next week

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.