skunk2 proseries intake manifold

skunk2 cam gears

hondata intake manifold gasket,

2.5 inch exhaust,

anyway i recently bought a a garret, Ar .84 HOT SIDE AR .50 cold side

i'm using a custom top mount manifold custom 4-3 inch down pipe

synapse 50 mm waste gate,
turbo xs bov

how much power could i safely run on this? the compression for those of you who don't know on the jdm gsr (b18c) is 10.5;1

andother than the fresh rebuilt head i'm installing on it this friday everything is stock

not sure what these engines can hold before they go boom and for how long they last on boost when they're not built

NOTE; the block has 45k on it from new

Thank you!

Jesse Silva

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
hey guys,

i own a 95 integra with a jdm gsr swap,

i have hondata s300

skunk2 proseries intake manifold

skunk2 cam gears

hondata intake manifold gasket,

2.5 inch exhaust,

anyway i recently bought a a garret, Ar .84 HOT SIDE AR .50 cold side

i'm using a custom top mount manifold custom 4-3 inch down pipe

synapse 50 mm waste gate,
turbo xs bov

how much power could i safely run on this? the compression for those of you who don't know on the jdm gsr (b18c) is 10.5;1

andother than the fresh rebuilt head i'm installing on it this friday everything is stock

not sure what these engines can hold before they go boom and for how long they last on boost when they're not built

NOTE; the block has 45k on it from new

Thank you!

Jesse Silva
1. you're exhaust is too small for that application

2. that high of a comp ratio i you could run 7-10 psi safely with a good tune on high octane. if you tune it and take care of it. it'll run forever. engine life depends on the competence of the builder/tuner/owner

· Registered
110 Posts
1. you're exhaust is too small for that application

2. that high of a comp ratio i you could run 7-10 psi safely with a good tune on high octane. if you tune it and take care of it. it'll run forever. engine life depends on the competence of the builder/tuner/owner
I couldnt of said it better myself!!

Reactions: Darkness

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well...

as for the exhaust it'll have to do for now gonna be all i can do to just get it turboed now it seems,

and i don't plan on having it tuned past 10 psi,

also i have like one of the top 3 tuners in oregon tuning it... so it should be pretty safe,

he explained it to me like this,,,

when your driving to work you use like 100 whp, unless your boostin of course, then you'll be using it more, but otherwise if your only boostin when your racing those friday and saturday nights at the track you'll be fine,, which of course i'll be boostin more than that,,, but yeah ...

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
the 2.5" exhaust will be fine. we typically tune stock b18c motors around 300whp for typical daily driver setups.
he has a 3 inch downpip3, why would he take his exhaust down to 2.5 inches?

and 2.5 is still restrictive when you're trying to more than 270whp. some will even say that 2.5 is too little when you're making 250whp. not saying that you can't do it but that it's not ideal. kind of pointless to have all of those other features to his build to have it restricted by a 40 dollar piece of pipe

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

and 2.5 is still restrictive when you're trying to more than 270whp. some will even say that 2.5 is too little when you're making 250whp. not saying that you can't do it but that it's not ideal. kind of pointless to have all of those other features to his build to have it restricted by a 40 dollar piece of pipe
thats just the thing man, where i live i get raped when i walk into an exhaust shop... thats before i even get any work done too! lol,

i want 3 inch, don't get me wrong! i'd much rather have 3 inch, i just said that it'll have to wait a little while till i can afford it, and since i allready had the 2.5 on there its not like i'm wasting money on it.. ya know? just gotta be really careful with the green stuff these days,,

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
thats just the thing man, where i live i get raped when i walk into an exhaust shop... thats before i even get any work done too! lol,

i want 3 inch, don't get me wrong! i'd much rather have 3 inch, i just said that it'll have to wait a little while till i can afford it, and since i allready had the 2.5 on there its not like i'm wasting money on it.. ya know? just gotta be really careful with the green stuff these days,,
have you ever tried "ebay" it's 200 shipped for a decent 3" exhaust

· Registered
234 Posts

because he already has the exhaust. noones arguing that a 3" isnt better than a 2.5" but hes working with what he has.

40 dollar piece of pipe? a typical 3" exhaust is quite a bit more for these cars.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
because he already has the exhaust. noones arguing that a 3" isnt better than a 2.5" but hes working with what he has.

40 dollar piece of pipe? a typical 3" exhaust is quite a bit more for these cars.
the value of the pipe is 40 bucks. hehe a full catback can be had for around 200 shipped.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the value of the pipe is 40 bucks. hehe a full catback can be had for around 200 shipped.
... yeah i can,,, but i've done that twice before and never again because it never fits right and then i have to spend almost or more then what i bought it for just to make the stupid thing fit right! lol

· Registered
3,077 Posts
i know jt. trust me...it's hard being this cool
Damn I wish I was that cool.:wow

About exhaust, I got a full exhaust system for supa cheap off ebay, I got lucky there too. I think it was under 230 shipped for headed downpipe and catback. I had a slight hanger fitment issue, but w/e nothing a torch couldn't fix if it was bad. Fortunately my knockoff exhaust fit pretty darn well.

As GSR has said before, boost doesn't matter as much as the flow rate of the turbocharger. Tryto figure out what your effective compression ratio will be. I posted a link to a turbocharging pdf you should look for it

Do a little math, make a little boost, rape a DSM tonight.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha i've ordered 3 times for 3 different cars and never had an issue
wow man, you guys are so lucky! lol i wish i was so lucky but i'd rather not chance it,,,

i'll just have it built by my own specs :) lol

yeah i'll for sure end up going with the 3 inch exhaust man,

first comes my wifes 07 wrx though:)

buying that for her than doin my turbo, i wanna do it all at once so i don't have to screw with it later,

ya know?? i hate follow up bs, for real!

lol but yeah, any other suggestions??

i can use all the info you guys have to offer!

Thanks

· Registered
3,077 Posts
first comes my wifes 07 wrx though:)

buying that for her than doin my turbo, i wanna do it all at once so i don't have to screw with it later,
I'm kinda starting to hate on wrx's these days because of how far away the turbo is from the combustion chambers. Until they make a horiz 6 cyln TT I think subaru is dog shit :)

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
I'm kinda starting to hate on wrx's these days because of how far away the turbo is from the combustion chambers. Until they make a horiz 6 cyln TT I think subaru is dog shit :)
i like wrx's...... they're like hondas. they get a bad name because of a few ricers

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.