Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok put a hole in the engine and now want to bore it out to put new pistons into it. just wondering, what pistons can i use, where do i get them and what size could i bore the engine out to?
ive been told i could probably use prelude pistons but not tooo sure.. any hep would b grateful!
regards,
steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wel not entirely sure, as far as i know the piston broke and damaged the the engine block. it was a friend of mine who wrote the original quetion and will get a better detail of how he damaged it, cheers, steve

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
kommon_sense said:
If a piston *broke*, then the block may not be salvageable. No way to really tell without pulling the head and/or dropping the oil pan.

Thats what I was getting at. If he sent a rod through the block or shattered a piston in certain ways, it may not be a good block any more. However, we shattered a piston in an R6 motor and salvaged it just fine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
hobie237 said:
Thats what I was getting at. If he sent a rod through the block or shattered a piston in certain ways, it may not be a good block any more. However, we shattered a piston in an R6 motor and salvaged it just fine.
Thats not true. It can always be used for target practice. I would like to put a couple of holes in it. With my A3/M4. Just kidding. I hope the block is salvageable. But why not just find a B18 block. If Im not mistake. I think you could bore those out to 2.0 liters. They make all kinds of stroker kits for those motors.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
c_walk_n_va said:
Thats not true. It can always be used for target practice. I would like to put a couple of holes in it. With my A3/M4. Just kidding. I hope the block is salvageable. But why not just find a B18 block. If Im not mistake. I think you could bore those out to 2.0 liters. They make all kinds of stroker kits for those motors.

You could use a busted block as a boat anchor too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers! likin the comments! the engine is stripped and it appears to be only slight damage to the block. but stil a mjor problem when it comes to driving the car.....!!!!! any ideas as to how much i could bore it out to??? what pistons would fit?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.