Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much do u pay for your civic insurance? :confused: Please write how old you are what state you live in and what model and year civic you have.
Thank you very much!!!:)

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
speedxdemon said:
$240 full coverage , 1992 Civic VX, 18 years old , WA , Geico Insurance, 1 accident at age 16.
WTF!! U riding on the coattails of your parent's plan or something?

Here in the LA area I'd pay basically double that for just basic insurance for to fulfill Calif. insurance laws. W/ comprehensive, theft, etc. at decent coverage amounts, you could double that again. BTW: Mine's a 96 EX.

Isn't Temp in the insurance business?:confused: Holla back FOOOOO!! why are things so expensive???:confused: :lol2:

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
1998 Civic EX Coupe

$135/month full coverage.

$250 deductible

Good Student discount, multi-car discount, no occurances (accidents/tickets/etc.) on record, 22 years old.

ghost

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
93 Civic Cx costs me $450 a year for liability.

25 years old and that reminds me I need to find out why it has NOT gone down since I've turned 25 back in May.

Not bad for a car that can beat 98% of the cars on the street ;)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I pay about $75 a month for liablilty. I am 19 years old and live in Oklahoma. I drive a 92 civic dx (sedan).

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
im 18, drive a 95 4dr civic lx, and pay $125 a month for liability only because i cant afford full coverage.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I was paying $275 month for my Civic
2 speeding, 1 accident and almost charged with vehicular homicide
I was age 18-20

now at 21 I pay $125/month combined for my 24osx and 4Runner

·
Registered
42 Posts
i got all of you beat and thats not a good thing. i pay 360 a month thanks to my 3 speeding tickets.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
for all of you guys with liability only, i HIGHLY suggest you upgrade to full coverage. or at least get SOME comprehensive coverage...you won't be sorry.

with my 5th gen Coupe i had, i had liability only and some jackass sideswiped me, took off most of my front fender and shattered my headlight (quoted $2500 damage from collision center, granted WAY overpriced, but hey...) and then they took off.
i chased 'em and got their license plate #, but if i hadn't have been able to get their license #, i would've been fucked and would've had to pay for it all with my own money.

i used to think, well hey, as long as i don't do something stupid, i won't have to pay....guess again ;)

just some advice...

ghost

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
$266 / month

liability only

AAA

1 injury accident (2 yrs ago)

19 yrs old

1991 civic lx 4 door

bout to go up ... i got in another accident (drivin my moms 91 accord) and the fuckin guy i hit is being a little bitch and saying his neck hurts a week after the accident. I didnt do shit to his truck.

I suck at teh driving.

·
Registered
707 Posts
1995 Civic Si
$160/month
Full coverage
Mercury Insurance
21yrs old, Pasadena, CA
2 speeding, 1 wrong side of the road(dont ask)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
mercury is pretty good from what i hear ... im probably gonna switch to them since AAA is gonna drop me cause of this second accident ... they dropped my friend after his second accident.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
the RAN said:
I was paying $275 month for my Civic
2 speeding, 1 accident and almost charged with vehicular homicide
I was age 18-20

now at 21 I pay $125/month combined for my 24osx and 4Runner
ok ran that's scary...almost charged with vehicular homicide....someone died in an accident you were in and they had almost enough evidence to convict you of causing their death....just plain scary...

anyway, I pay $210 a month for my 98 civic ex and my 95 grand cherokee limited combined without deductable and a clean driving record....

that is unless they count the lady that bounced off my driver side mirror of my grand cherokee in the best-buy parking lot last month...so far no insurance claim...crosses fingers....DOH!!!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
stackz said:
ok ran that's scary...almost charged with vehicular homicide....someone died in an accident you were in and they had almost enough evidence to convict you of causing their death....just plain scary...
no someone almost died and they held me in custidy until they knew they would recover
worst part was it was my friend, he ended up not pressing anything against me
all I ended up with was a $75 "Passenger Illegally Seated in Vehicle" ticket
but my insurance having to cover his medical bills kicked me in the nuts

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
SuperSleeper said:
1 wrong side of the road(dont ask)
i got pulled over for that too. but i talked my way out of it. my streak for talking my way out of traffic violation tickets was 8 before i got pulled over by some 55 year old bike cop going 105 on a 55mph highway :eek:
go bust some fucking drug dealers or solve a murder and quit fuckin' hasslin' me!!! :mad:

ghost

1 - 20 of 29 Posts