Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know this may be a stupid question but really how much does a b16a2 weigh? I know it is 1595 cc but how does that translates to lbs? The reason I am asking is, well I'm talking with some people that are selling motors and I want to get it home so I can install it. So I will go pick it up in a truck, but I hope it doesn't weigh too much...for my truck. Also for anyone that has experience, how do you move it around...I would just think to use a cherry picker, right? Thanks in advance, sorry for the stupid question but I can't find an answer anywhere.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Any truck in good working order should do IMO. Is it just the block, or a complete engine w/o fluids?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
any lighttruck, suv, or even someone's hatchback should be fine just for the longblock
they only weigh a couple hundred lbs

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
any car/truck will be able to haul a motor around.
when my friend got his b16 for his 92ls we used his girl's chrisler lebaron to do it. 3 people could easily lift the block and all its accessories on it. we put in the trunk and the tranny/axles/shift linkage etc in the front seat.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
yea pretty much any car besides a Metro would work fine. also, you can move it around without a cherry picker. i once swapped out and engine in my 94 sedan with nothing more than a floor jack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts