Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Civic Coupe 5 spd with DC Ceramic 4-1 Headers, AEM CAI, Magnaflow muffler with stock piping. Please let me know what kind of gains i can expect with this setup. Thanks. Also could this setup beat a 2001 Honda Accord 4-Dr with a Short Ram AEM intake?

·
Registered
278 Posts
well the stock piping is restricting air flow so your probably not really seeing gains from the magna flow
the header needs the airflow from bigger exhaust piping as well.
bottom line, you arent gonna take a v6. increase your chances by dumping the stock piping for at least a 2 1/4" exhaust

·
Registered
296 Posts
Um... No.
His stock piping is perfect for his setup. It isn't worth paying to go to larger diameter piping - I did - and I gained nothing. The only time when you will benifit from swapping to a larger diameter piping is if you are running FI or an ample shot of nitrous.

Is the Accorn a 4 or 6 cylinder?and
Auto or manual?

If it is a 4 cylinder, then you have him easily. If it's a auto or manual.

If it's a 6 - then it will be an interesting race. If you know how to drive well, you will pull out on him pretty good off of the line - but after about 75 or 80 the sheer difference in hp/tq will be your downfall.

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
437 Posts
should i get custom 2.25" piping for my car? cause im mostly looking for sound but alittle more power would be cool.....how much would hte custom piping cost me and how much power would the 2.25 pipe give me??? so i can figure if it would be worth it for the power??

·
Registered
296 Posts
No.

2.25 custom piping with basic mods = jackshit .2 hp - dont waste your money.

·
Registered
296 Posts
No, you don't need to buy anything. Just take the muffler to any exhaust/muffler shop and they will chop off your old muffler and weld on the new one. Yes, you can upgrade later if you get some sort of FI or nitrous - not a big deal. Good luck.

·
Registered
296 Posts
bertg16 said:

word. especially on a SOHC
Not everyone can afford forced induction! That is a fucking stupid answer.

No - the 2.25inch piping wont give you any more power. I couldnt tell any difference when I had mine put on - don't waste your money like i did.

·
Registered
278 Posts
easy tiger no need to get harsh. that's fine if you think you know alot but no need to flame every person that replies

·
Registered
296 Posts
"Mhardy"
Since I ACTUALLY HAVE 2.25'' piping on my car - I think I would know wether it helps or not.

I don't "think I know alot" - I just don't appreciate comments like...

"Screw all that bolt on crap and get FI"

... when someone asks a question about exhaust piping. What the fuck does a retarded ass comment like that do? - it sure as hell doesnt help answer his question. Why don't you smartass richboys go and post on another board. You aren't helping anyone - and no one envies your FI - so quit bragging about it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.