Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i might want to build a turbo kit for my 92 civic. it is all stock inside but the short ram air intake and spark plug wires. i need to know what the max hp the engine can hold before detonation. and how much boost should i run if i do intend to run a turbo. just reading stilkl on them.

·
Registered
518 Posts
im not complete sure but i guessing no more than 12, but thats coming from a guy who doesnt know shit about turbos, maybe more if your nice to teh d15

·
Registered
435 Posts
i wouldnt go no more than 7 with stock internals and make sure u get a real good tune.

·
Registered
518 Posts
make sure your bottom end is strong, too. i wouldnt boost it if it has over 100k, but thats just me

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you want it to last longer than 3 months don't go higher than 175 hp. The rods can handle 200 hp max but it probably won't last long till they snap. :wow

·
Registered
85 Posts
b7 rods are not nearly as strong as 1.6 d-series rods and 175whp is a good ceiling for reliability. It's not PSI it's the amount of Tq/Hp you are making that is important. A good tune is the most important thing and detonation might not be the best way to describe destruction of a turbo'd motor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts