Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup? I'm rebuilding my engine this winter, and I was wanting to get some opinions on how much HP I'll have. All of this is for my B18b. This is what I can afford so far.

GReddy Turbo kit (running at 15-18 PSI)
GReddy Profec B Boost Controller
Intercooler
MSD SCI ignition
AEM EMS
AEM Cam gears
AEM Pullies
Darton block guard/sleeve kit
9.0:1 Pistons
Billet Connecting rods
Head Work
New bearings
New injectors (supplied with the GReddy kit)
ARP Head Stud kit
Stainless Steel Valves
Copper head gasket
ACT 4 puck clutch

All this will be balanced and blueprinted

Thanks for your input.

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll be using either an AEM programmable engine management system or an Electromotive TEC3. Also, I was told I would be able to boost up to 15 PSI, but then I'd need my AEM or TEC3 ecu, to let me boost higher. Thanks for your responses.

OH! You do recommend going with a bigger fuel injector? Why go above the 310? Just curious. Thanks

· Registered
111 Posts
Fasteg said:
I'll be using either an AEM programmable engine management system or an Electromotive TEC3. Also, I was told I would be able to boost up to 15 PSI, but then I'd need my AEM or TEC3 ecu, to let me boost higher. Thanks for your responses.

OH! You do recommend going with a bigger fuel injector? Why go above the 310? Just curious. Thanks
I would use a min. of 450s maybe even 550s so you have enough fuel flow...especially since your planning on boosting so high.

· Registered
210 Posts
Hey, where in Indiana are you located? I live north of Brownsburg, if you know where that is. If not, it is west of Indianapolis. I just swapped a b18b into my 96 Civic coupe and have a Drag 3 kit on it. If you need anything let me know, I know some guys that have a shop in LaFayette. They can get almost anything for next to nothing.

Rizzo

· Registered
49 Posts
i would get 550's and i would estimate a good 350 plus. thats just my estimate. and y cant honda sleeves handle 12 psi? guy here in VA ran a 12.2 15 psi on a D series motor, stock internals with 160 000 miles. i believe with the right tuning hondas hold up nice.

· Registered
192 Posts
yea, fasteg:

Your gonna need a little bit more than that small mitsu turbo. Im sure you heard of all uf us using the T3/T04E = ability to push alot more boost. But anyway with that setup your not gonna be able to ever see 12's if you dont hook up. Your gonna need traction- Lsd, full suspension, slicks, front cross member if your serious about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.